Mistwood Mod Needs Ideas!

dndmiles98

Hello modders! I here lately have been working on my current mod "Mistwood". It takes the player to a whole other location (world) with towns, caves, dungeons, etc. It is not near complete and needs some ideas on what I should add to spice up the world. Please anyone have any ideas and if you have experience with quests and would like to help also tell me. Thanks all and have a great day.

Care to expand on what the world is like? Knowing what its all about would certainly help one to brain storm ideas. Its an interesting name though do elaborate.

Well the name I just came up with randomly throwing words together to make something and it sounded good. It's basicly a new Skyrim world.

Well the name I just came up with randomly throwing words together to make something and it sounded good. It's basicly a new Skyrim world.

You're going to have to try REALLY hard to make it unique then. It took me months of preparation and careful planning to get Falskaar to feel different than Skyrim does. If your new world is basically the same it wont be very appealing.

You're going to have to try REALLY hard to make it unique then. It took me months of preparation and careful planning to get Falskaar to feel different than Skyrim does. If your new world is basically the same it wont be very appealing.

Examples?

You could make it like a lost dwemer kingdom, with plenty of above-ground ruins being used as trade centers, forts, ect. That would be pretty badass. Also, you could add things to make it like a remake of a world from a novel or movie. On the Steam Workshop, there is a guy who is leading a project to make Aglesia from the Inheritance Cycle.(aka the eragon world) Sorry for advertising, but if anyone is good with load order and conflicts, could you check out my topic just under this one on the list. I am in need of help in figuring out which mods are conflicting with each other. Thanks. Edited by RavenX13

Examples?

Well, I would sum up the methods of making your land feel unique into 3 catagories. Landscape design, landscape models/textures, and the people in your world.

If you aren't adding any new tree's or that kind of thing, the middle one is locked in place for you. This isn't a bad thing. I've done it with Falskaar. I only use vanilla tree's, ground textures, and so on. This just means that you have to take special care in the other two areas, as new models is the easiest way to make your land feel different.

When designing areas, try to make them unique. Don't just make your land a snowy forest up north, then some medium pine forest and fall forest to the south; coupled with the tall icy mountains. This is Skyrim. Though there is little you can do in this area. I've coped by making my terrain 'softer'. There aren't as many jagged rocks, and the forests are a bit more dense. This alone gives it a rather unique feel.

Then just make the people unique. Don't make them angry over a civil war, and 'praise the nords' and act the same way as the people of Skyrim. Develope your own land. Give it it's own lore. Have the people disgruntled over seperate issues, with their own culture. Do this right and people will quickly learn that they aren't in Skyrim anymore.

Edited by AlexanderJVelicky