How would people feel about a Nervaraine themed DLC?

SneakyHat

Dude, the earlier games were 200, and 250 years ago, respectively. I don't remember anything about them being Immortal in either game. If there were a Nerevarine, it would be a new one, and probably more concerned with leading the Dunmer refugees back to drive out the Argonians.

Nerevarine is immortal.

The Nerevarine is immortal, BECAUSE of the Corprus Disease, which made him immortal, and a potion got rid of all the negatives... SO HE'S IMMORTAL BOOYAHH! And what are you talking about a "new" nerevarine? The prophecy was completed and that was the only reason for a nerevarine. Also half of the people lived on Vvardenfell, but the volcano exploded and Vivec fell...what makes you think that they want to take that back? And don't you think the argonians have their whole force at morrowind and are protecting against any counter-attacks?

Also how would Akavir be an outer realm...you obviously don't know anything about rpgs. Outer realms were probably some other realms outside of Oblivion. Akavir is a seperate CONTINENT which Cyrodiil went to war with...a lot. Akavir is the big asia based place, with talking monkeys, snakes, demons that freeze during the winter, and some tiger like people. What led you to think that Akavir was an OUTER REALMM?

Ugh, it's hard to believe some of these people even played Morrowind, let alone even payed attention.

The Nerevarine is immortal, BECAUSE of the Corprus Disease, which made him immortal, and a potion got rid of all the negatives... SO HE'S IMMORTAL BOOYAHH! And what are you talking about a "new" nerevarine? The prophecy was completed and that was the only reason for a nerevarine. Also half of the people lived on Vvardenfell, but the volcano exploded and Vivec fell...what makes you think that they want to take that back? And don't you think the argonians have their whole force at morrowind and are protecting against any counter-attacks?

Also how would Akavir be an outer realm...you obviously don't know anything about rpgs. Outer realms were probably some other realms outside of Oblivion. Akavir is a seperate CONTINENT which Cyrodiil went to war with...a lot. Akavir is the big asia based place, with talking monkeys, snakes, demons that freeze during the winter, and some tiger like people. What led you to think that Akavir was an OUTER REALMM?

Ugh, it's hard to believe some of these people even played Morrowind, let alone even payed attention.

1. I played Morrowind a long time ago, do not expect me to remember every single detail of a 6 year period, Skyrim holds very little lore from Morrowind, Oblivion does not either

2. "Obviously know nothing about RPG's"? THis is ONE series, not every RPG in the world

3. An outer realm as you described it would be refered to as a plane of Oblivion. Tamriel it's self is NOT Oblivion

4. Fail troll, don't resort to Personal attacks

This sounds pretty cool, but I'd be fine with DLC focusing only on immersion. Let's say crime for example, be in direct control of black market deals and shipments. Of course, that's why we have the modding community.

Curious, what do you mean by "The core of the Elder Scrolls experience"

The core of the TES experience has been the ability to make choices as the PC, and not having those choices invalidated because of the generation of a 'canon' story. The paramount example of this dynamic is the creation of the concept of a Dragon Break in order to explain the multitude of choices available in Daggerfall.

TES games aren't, for instance, like Darksiders, where you are railroaded towards a single outcome. They aren't like Diablo, where there really is only the main questline. They aren't even like Dragon Age, which falls back on 'canon' endings more often than not.

Our characters within the TES series are components to the world, the same as any scripted character like Tiber Septim or Jagar Tharn, but the PC's personality has never really been defined by what Bethesda wants. They've been careful to never really create a 'canon' version of the PC, ensuring that the choices of each player is never invalidated. At the same time, it never gets bogged down in trivial A or B variables like Mass Effect.

1. I played Morrowind a long time ago, do not expect me to remember every single detail of a 6 year period, Skyrim holds very little lore from Morrowind, Oblivion does not either

2. "Obviously know nothing about RPG's"? THis is ONE series, not every RPG in the world

3. An outer realm as you described it would be refered to as a plane of Oblivion. Tamriel it's self is NOT Oblivion

4. Fail troll, don't resort to Personal attacks

I'm sorry I am just really sick. (H.Pylori) It makes me tired like any other disease, so I didn't write that the way I should've. Anyway back on topic.So you would call Asia an outer realm? It's a different continent? Basically an outer realm are places outside of Nirn. The Outer realms the dwemer went to probably weren't of oblivion or aetherius, but some unknown realm. Realms in fantasy rpgs are usually other dimensions. There are other places besides those two. And Aetherius falls under my previous more sick answer too, doesn't it? It's just any place besides Nirn. I didn't mean to be a troll. I'm sorry.

I completely agree with that Lachdonin. When canon stuff actually is chosen, it makes people not feel like it was their character in the previous game and makes the game a little worse. They even made it so in Daggerfall, the Warp in the West happened, so there was no canon ending. Too bad they can't do that again, because it already happened...

Edited by eev2000