[LE] Need help with creating summons out of custom followers.

DeaDaR

It is my first time posting here so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. As the title suggests, I was trying to "convert" custom followers into summons. I followed a tutorial online on how to create custom summons, the spell showed up in-game and everything but as soon as I cast the spell, it crashes my game. Can somebody explain what I'm doing wrong or tell me if what I was trying to do was not going to work in general? Would probably worth noting that I have never really messed with the creation kit so I don't exactly know what I'm doing.

I've created custom NPCs and summon spells before with no issue. Post your script and we can check it out. Also are you summoning via the Summon Archtype effect or a place the/MoveTo script command?

I... didn't use any scripts. The tutorial was really short and simple and the man doing it never mentioned scripts... And I am pretty sure I used the summon archtype effect.

Hmmm I would then try to.rule out if the problem is with your NPC or spell. To do so in the magic effect, replace your custom npc with a vanilla actor.

If the spell is still crashing the game it's possibilly your spell but realistically if your using the summon archetype and no scripts the likelihood of that is minimal.

Does your NPC work when not summoned fine? In the actor's file for it do you have a flag checked for summonable?

I did what you said and went back and re-did the spell, this time making it so it would summon Lisette. The spell didn't crash the game this time, but it summoned a courier, so... I am definitely doing something wrong.

Also yes, the NPC I was trying to summon originally worked without issue on it's own. I also did check the summonable flag.

I might check the Magic Effect thatâs connected to the spell and make sure the ME listed on that spell matches the one youâre intending to use (can double click on it to see). On the Magic Effect it self, can look at other ingame summoning/conjuration MEs to see how they are setup and linked in the CK. Could try to just duplicate the SummonFamiliar ME, rename it and then change the Associated Item to your summonable NPC â cant remember off hand if an actor who is flagged as summonable will appear in the associated item list if the Effect Archetype is Summoned Creature or if its Command Summoned. Then go to Spells and duplicate the SummonFamiliar spell, rename it and then remove the ME and add the one you created. Then create a spelltome, find the ConjureFamiliar spell (under Books in CK) and dupliacte it, rename it, and change the spell to link to your spell. Iâm willing to look at it if you like, can PM me and share it over Dropbox or Google Drive or something.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Magic_Effect#Effect_Archetypes

Edited by justinglen75

Okay, so... thanks to you, I managed to get it working. As a base, I got Jordis Sword-Maiden this time and I didn't mess with the inventory or anything and it worked this time as intended, for some reason. I suppose it's just the custom NPC's the game is against.