Suggestion - People who use this Mod also Use...

BlackCompany

I love Amazon.com. My favorite feature of all time has to be the feature labeled "People who bought this title also bought..." This feature shows me other books, movies and video games purchased by people who bought a given title. In this way I have found hundreds of new books, and new authors. Many of these were "indie" authors or newcomers; almost none were popular, mainstream titles from any genre.

The Nexus could make good use of this feature.

When someone downloads a mod, show them other mods used by the same people who installed the mod they are downloading. For instance, if I download Wars in Skyrim, show me other mods used by people who use that mod. Let me search out Skyrim Monster mod and then offer to show me other mods used by people who use it.

i think this would go a long way toward helping us sort through the thousands of mods and find things that suit our play style - whatever it is.

The strain on the servers would bring the site to a grinding halt.

That makes me wonder how Amazon does it (apart from having the cash for more servers of course).

Seriously though, I think it wouldn't have to be that heavy on resources. Keep in mind, the underlying data doesn't have to be updated real time. You can just update the linked figures once a day and have, say, five extra file-ID's in the database for each mod representing the 5 most used mods among users of mod X. Downside is, for Oblivion for example, I suspect almost every mod would have HGEC as one of the five mods because so many people use it.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize this would be so demanding on the servers. Perhaps, something more to the effect of "Players who downloaded this mod also downloaded" and then show a top 10 of their choices. Or a small sample.

But by all means, if the servers cannot handle, I do understand that.