Master files not showing up in the Creation Kit - Help?

PookieSan

So a few days ago I have decided to re-download and install Skyrim and the Creation kit for a fresh start. Big mistake. Although Skyrim has turned out okay (with a few minor problems easily fixed), the creation kit seemed fine as well. But when I have opened it and went to the data tab, the Only master file present was Skyrim.esm. There was no Update, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, or Hearthfire esm files in the data tab. I've literally tried everything, putting down the master files correctly in the editor ini and reinstalling, but my efforts were fruitless. I've searched the internet for solutions and none of them worked, actually none of them were the same problem as mine. I feel like I'm the only one suffering of this and I am at a loss on what to do. Please help!

Make sure they are present in your Skyrim Editor.ini file. Open the file with notepad, scroll down to the Archive section ( about 3/4 of the way down and make sure the following exists:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

If they are not there, just add them 'exactly' the way you see them here. Also, go to your General category at the top and look for bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=0 (it should be somewhere near the bottom of the General category). Change the 0 to a 1. If it isn't there, you can add that, too. Save and exit. CK should run now. If you are running a Windows 10 machine, this may or may not work. Also, make sure you are NOT logged into Steam when using the CK because Steam will auto-update your files and revert your editor.ini back to what it was before. I don't know why. Maybe someone else can explain that.