A well maintained PC is a happy PC.

Reiyichi

A PC is just like any machine, as long as it is well maintained, the better it works as well as the longer it works. Now I shouldn't have to tell anyone on this site that, but I feel it needs to be said still, as a fair number of gaming issues can be solved with a little PC maintenance. I recommend a program called Defraggler to handle your HDD defragmentation needs, as it is important to keep your hard drive defragmented on a regular basis, and in my opinion, Defraggler does that better than the Windows default defragger. More features too. Get it here http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

Keeping your HDD defragged on a regular basis can solve issues like your game lagging, freezing, and even some crashes. Also, if you don't have an Anti-Virus program I would STRONGLY recommend you get one, if money is an issue Avast has a totally free version that is awesome for a free AV program. Find it here http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

It may not have all the features of an AV program that you would pay for, but it at least has Virus scanning and removal and Real Time Shields, two features that are essential in any AV program, also, it is a totally free program (if that is the version you get) and does NOT run out of time after 30 or 60 days like trial AV programs do. True, you get better protection in an AV program you paid for, but for free Avast is in my opinion, the best.

Defragging your computer and scanning for viruses weekly should be something you do, if you cant remember to, those programs I recommended both include features that you can schedule those tasks to run. If you are wondering WHY you should defrag and scan your computer for viruses regularly, well, through regular use of your computer, bits of files in your computer will get misplaced to other folders or w/e, so you need to keep defragging your computer to have it find these misplaced bits of files and information and place them back where they should go, especially if you install and uninstall stuff a lot, as that will misplace bits of info on your PC MORE. It will speed up your computer a fair bit. Also, Viruses are a constant thing on the internet, and through regular internet browsing you more than likely WILL pick up some form of malicious software at some point. Having an AV Program to protect against these threats is ALWAYS a good idea.