Geck newbie having script problem

TKDBoy1889

There is a mod with instruction on how to alter the script yourself to make a patch compatible with a menu mod. I followed it's instructions and went to the implied scripts and made the adjustments.... or at least I thought I did. Even after I click on save, when I try to leave or open another script it asks me if I want to save the current script. If I click yes, nothing happens and I stay on that script. But if I click no, then the changes I made to the script disappear when I check back on it.

How do I save edits to a script?

How to I copy the script into the validator? I can't right click and copy in the script file, apparently.

Also, I tried something. If I do absolutely nothing to the script after loading the data I can cycle through them. But I went into one and merely did a "space""backspace" action, which essentially changed nothing but apparently then the program will keep asking me if I want to save the current script, and won't save. So any action, even it is actually does nothing to the script, makes the Geck act like the script doesn't work. This doesn't make any sense. How does this work?

But I went into one and merely did a "space""backspace" action, which essentially changed nothing but apparently then the program will keep asking me if I want to save the current script, and won't save. So any action, even it is actually does nothing to the script, makes the Geck act like the script doesn't work. This doesn't make any sense.

Actually it does. If something that the script uses has changed (e.g. a reference used by the script somehow had its name changed from MyOldReference to MyNewReference), then when you open the script and then try to close it the Geck checks if everything the scripts uses is still the same. Since something has changed, it prompts you to save and the fact that it won't save means that whatever changed needs to be updated in the script.