Skyrim has become unplayable

Rattlerx5150

What's your loadlist? Which official patch are you using?

1. Fort Amol (i made myself, turns fort amol into a personal fort

2. Provisions (another homemade, adds a custom armor and sword)

3. Vendors have more money (a download, vendors will have more gold on hand)

4. Blackwolf lodge ( a download that i changed the interior of the house)

Version 1.6.89.0.6

thats it

Anti aliasing is off

Im going crazy over this, i love the game but cannot stand the crashes

I would suggest removing all of your mods, doing a complete uninstall.reinstall of skyrim both through steam and manually (including removing all old savegames) then the verify cache thing on steam.

Play the game and see if it crashes. If it still does, it is probably related to your hardware or graphics settings rather than the mods. If you can play on just vanilla then it's your mods.

Pretty much what she said, but I would try without the mods before doing the uninstall/reinstall etc. Might get lucky.

Edit: Also, whenever you start a new save game delete the actual save folder, as well as moving the old saves out.

ok heres what i did,

Backed up my saves and mods

removed skyrim

removed the entire skyrim folder

redownloaded skyrim

added 2 old saves (sometimes saves can get corrupted)

added just 2 mods

as a test I tried to walk (no fast travel) from markarth to riften

I got just past whiterun before it crashed,, before I wasnt even able to leave markarth,

its a LOT better than before

married mjoll and ill deal with it for now

Before reinstalling Skyrim, which you have already done but anyway, you can go to Steam and verify your game cache. This will sometimes clear up problems. I always try that first before doing anything more serious. Also, isn't it possible that if you are using old saves you are re-adding what ever problem you had? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Before reinstalling Skyrim, which you have already done but anyway, you can go to Steam and verify your game cache. This will sometimes clear up problems. I always try that first before doing anything more serious. Also, isn't it possible that if you are using old saves you are re-adding what ever problem you had? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Yeah, what I was trying to say to do was to not only delete (or at least move them somewhere else so you can troubleshoot with a fresh save folder) your old saves but delete the folder they were in as well. Also, try with no mods at all and if you get a crash free game you can add mods in one at a time. Process of elimination. If doing this doesn't fix your problems, it isn't much help trying to add the mods back in :), but it should be worth a try to see if it does help.

ok heres what i did,

Backed up my saves and mods

removed skyrim

removed the entire skyrim folder

redownloaded skyrim

added 2 old saves (sometimes saves can get corrupted)

added just 2 mods

as a test I tried to walk (no fast travel) from markarth to riften

I got just past whiterun before it crashed,, before I wasnt even able to leave markarth,

its a LOT better than before

married mjoll and ill deal with it for now

You're never going to know if its the mods and saves or not if you keep using them.