Too Much / Not Enough Information

HerrBaron

Hi folks,

I've been searching forums, youtube, google, you name it, and I keep coming up with information that either only partially applies or doesn't apply at all. I've combined 3 static nifs into a single one using NifSkope. Everything looks fine here, but the CK crashes when I try to use the mesh to create a new static or activator. I keep finding nonspecific information about properties, etc. that I need to also deal with, but none of the original nifs had the properties referred to in the posts I've been able to turn up. The stuff I combined consisted of NITriShape's, nothing fancy, but I did have to scale one of them down. The texture paths are all correct. This isn't weapons or armor, it's simple static into which i've merged the NiTrishape's for some furniture pieces.

Can anyone tell me what I need to fix to get the new combined mesh into the CK / game without crashing it?

Thanks in advance!

- HB

Step 1: open the two nif files

Step 2: choose the one you want to paste stuff into, set that one aside

Step 3: choose the objects that you want to copy into that one from the other files: for each, perform the following steps

Step 3a: click on the object, do ctrl+c

Step 3b: click on the properties list in the file to paste into, and do ctrl+v

Step 4: save the final file once they are all in

Step 1: open the two nif files

Step 2: choose the one you want to paste stuff into, set that one aside

Step 3: choose the objects that you want to copy into that one from the other files: for each, perform the following steps

Step 3a: click on the object, do ctrl+c

Step 3b: click on the properties list in the file to paste into, and do ctrl+v

Step 4: save the final file once they are all in

Hi Wolf,

Sure appreciate the reply! :)

If, in step 3b you mean the block list, I've done all of this; selecting the resultant nif in CK results in a crash; clearly, something is missing.

- HB