Mods with Animated NIFs

Anton0028

Does anybody know mods which use NIF animation ? (like "Dwarven Mechanical Equipment" or "Dwarven Condenser" or "Dwemer Autoblade")

Cause i found only those ones.

PS: I wish to try to make some animated statics by myself, but want to know what already done.

Does anybody know mods which use NIF animation ? (like "Dwarven Mechanical Equipment" or "Dwarven Condenser" or "Dwemer Autoblade")

Cause i found only those ones.

PS: I wish to try to make some animated statics by myself, but want to know what already done.

There are some vanilla assets that use animations as well. e.g. Dwarven dynamo's and core's.

But as far as i know, that pretty much covers the (simple) animated items.

Ive ben trying the same thing, but not much success so far...

Edit¹:

There was also a sword which used a spinning centurion core in it's crossguard, but i cant recall the name. Though that person probably just placed a sword mesh into the centurion core's nif.

Edited by Urwy

Yes, I saw default meshes (and yes, it was dwemer :) ) and have learned from it how to do such a thing.

For now I learned two types of NIF animation:

- animation, by using simple Controllers to move, rotate and scale some parts of an object (example in game: dwemer pipes)

- animation, by using Vertex Weights with custom "Skeleton" inside (this advanced type of animation use same simple controllers, but allow you to make for example - liquid objects) (example in game: cairn's fabric)

I made two statics for each type: "animated altar" and "bouncing sphere".

And now I would like to know what already done by modders in the world of Skyrim (and search for some ideas to implement).

Cause while i created converters to make this animation possible, i forgot why i do it :).

Edited by Anton0028