Vendor dialogue with new VoiceType

Smig

I have a vendor in a mod, that works fine with a default VoiceType but after I set him up with a custom VoiceType, I don't know where to change his default service dialogs. I'm also stuck with the dialogs specific to renting a room.

I looked under the Misc tab on the quest form and there's nothing about vendors. I also checked under the services tab and there are some service related topics but not the one that opens the trade screen or to rent a room. I also checked the the appropriate factions but I can't see anything about dialogs.

I'd be very grateful for any help on this.

Edited by Smig

If you make a custom vendor with a custom voice type, you are going to need to make a bunch of new dialog infos either in a new quest or in an original one. You are going to need to voice-act all of those new lines of dialog.

I'm about to do this today too (custom voice vendor) so I'll take a look now and see what I can find :)

Do share if you figure it out ;)

If you make a custom vendor with a custom voice type, you are going to need to make a bunch of new dialog infos either in a new quest or in an original one. You are going to need to voice-act all of those new lines of dialog.

Thanks for the help but how exactly do you link those lines with the vendor game mechanics?

Edited by Smig

You will basically copy all of the dialog infos an existing vendor uses, only you will need to change the conditions on each dialog info. (For example GetIsID == ) You will need to copy all of the result scripts from an existing vendor and attach them to the proper dialog infos. You will need to make sure that the scripting refers to the proper references if applicable, and make sure that all the properties are set up for all of the scripts.

Additionally the vendor will need to have things set up properly such as factions, AI package, and vendor chest.

Creating a Merchant

Bethesda Tutorial Dialogue

Adding Voice Intermediate Tutorial

If you want your vendor to play all the vanilla dialogues, but with a custom voice, you have to make him match all the conditions for those dialogues.

I haven't looked at them, but i think it's just a matter of factions, working packages and maybe position.

Make the conditions match will add the voice type to the available ones (you'll see it when you open a vendor dialogue). All you'll have to do is record all the lines for the new voice type.

If there are some GetIsID or GetRace or something like this, then you'll have to add new conditions to make your NPC match (of course using OR in order to not ruin the vanilla vendors)

• 6 months later...

but Is it possible to

1- create a vendor, and create a new voice type especially for him

2- record lines for my vendor

3 - give him everything that he needs to open the "Vendore Menu" when the player clicks "what have you got for sale?"

In other words, what are the precise requirements for a dialogue to open the vendor menu?

Is it a "Hello" or "Idle" in Misc dialogues?

Or is it more specific type?

Is there something to "tick", or some lines to paste in "script" section? And where do I dfind those lines?

• 2 weeks later...

I've found the dialogues, but I have another problem...

My big problem is that it creates a new script everytime I type in a vendor line.

I wish I could create only one script that does the same thing for all vendorws with custom voices... but I can''t find any info on that.

Edited by Tsewe