You need to uninstall Sounds of Skyrim

SergeantGrrock

Yeah, absolutely, that's a great alternative to starting over. Does anyone remember when Civilizations was released though? I'm trying to find an older save that didn't have it yet so that I can do what was suggested here too... :)

I kept the SoS mods in NMM just for reference and the only date that is listed for Civilizations that I have says Current Version 1.0 - 09/07/2012 but that can't be right. :ermm:

That is what it clearly says at the top of the page for Civilizations though but I have no idea why. :confused:

Sorry I can't help more with that.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Georgiegril and Staind716: thanks for your discussion. It's great to see people using their brains and heart instead of bad-mouthing the modder.

Also want to thank you for this. I agree with Staind716, this is why I prefer the nexus. Group hug?:biggrin:

I'm in! I never turn down a hug when there is a beautiful, intelligent woman involved. :biggrin:

@All: Well, I checked with my friends and unfortunately none of them have a solution either. What a fiasco this has turned into. :facepalm:

(Stupid MultiQuote not working) :wallbash:

Edited by Staind716

I kept the SoS mods in NMM just for reference and the only date that is listed for Civilizations that I have says Current Version 1.0 - 09/07/2012 but that can't be right. :ermm:

That is what it clearly says at the top of the page for Civilizations though but I have no idea why. :confused:

Outside of the United States, 09/07/2012 means the 9th of July, 2012.

Yes, that sounds about right. I found a save that was created around the beginning of July and apparently it doesn't seem to have bloating issues...

Thanks a lot guys, at least I don't have to start over... I'm quite attached to my character and really don't feel like parting from him yet! Hahaha!!! :tongue:

Edited by Azra3l71

Ah, that makes sense. Lol, learn something new every day. :biggrin:

You gotta cut me a little slack. We haven't even gone to the metric system yet. :tongue:

Edited by Staind716

@Georgiegril and Staind716: thanks for your discussion. It's great to see people using their brains and heart instead of bad-mouthing the modder.

Also want to thank you for this. I agree with Staind716, this is why I prefer the nexus. Group hug?:biggrin:

I'm in! I never turn down a hug when there is a beautiful, intelligent woman involved. :biggrin:

------------------------------------

Group hug it is, then :-)

And true, the nexus is great!

I have SoS installed, my character is level 25 with 6.6 MB save... I hope it keeps on behaving.

Thanks to the posters for the posting date of SOS Civilization. With this info I was able to find a save from July 1, about a hundred saves ago but WAY better than starting again from scratch. Thank God for Norton backup, as I routinely delete all but the last 10 saves or so from the Skyrim save location in My Games. So I lose a bunch of Misc quests which are easy to redo.

No more SOS CIv for me even if the author fixes and reissues it. I'm also done with any SOS mods, even though I liked them. Just not worth the risk. As time passes it is beginning to look like the mod has been orphaned. Not even a post from the author to give a progress report. Discouraging.

I also deactivated all other mods that add scripts. Some mods "feel" like they will be so cool, and after a few tries in game, I end up not using them enough to justify keeping them. After all, what I really want is to play the game!

That said, and not meaning to slam the author of SOS for an honest mistake, maybe instead of trying to fix the mod (or maybe in conjunction with fixing it) the author, or another knowledgeable modder, could develop an executable or a patch that would find and remove orphaned scripts from save games. Anyone remember Oblivion Animation Fixer? Saved my game after hundreds of hours when all #*^% broke loose following installation of a new video card.

Just a thought. Just a wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...