Village Name

LoginToDownload

Nothing wrong with compound-names, (The inhabitants of Cyrodiil seem to love them) but those seem to strike me more as more fitting for dungeons...

To help think up names, (me too) here's a list of all of Cyrodiil's settlements. Special thanks to The Random Gnome's Random Lair, which I pulled the list (on a full map) from.

Aleswell

Applewatch

Blankenmarch

Bleaker's Way

Border Watch

Brindle Home

Cadlew Chapel

Cloud Ruler Temple

Cropsford

Drakelowe

Gottlesfront Priory

Greyland

Gweden Farm

Hackdirt

Harlun's Watch

Harm's Folly

Pell's Gate

Shardrock

Shetcombe Farm

Water's Edge

Weatherleah

Weye

Weynon Priory

Whitmond Farm

Chater's Walk, High Pass, Over Burden, Northweald, Falconbridge, Much Hampden, Upper Crust, Crumblingham, Pretty Darcy, Greenholm, Stony Gifford, Last Man Standing, Richborough, etc. etc. etc. Is there some characteristic of the place we might pick up on?

Ooo, I kind of like Richborough...

Is there some characteristic of the place we might pick up on?
It was previously an Imperial fort with an abnormally large area in-between the walls and the building itself. When the forts stopped being actively manned, it was bought at a low price by settlers instead of falling into decay.

Y'see, some of those might be appropriate names if it was a giant castle made entirely of ice. That flies. This, however, is a village inhabited and named by peasants with no sense of drama, that just happens to be in a more chilly climate. :P

Well, not really "Just happens", as it was built in hopes of protecting against Akaviri raiding parties before the invasion. A task that it failed at, by the way.

Archived