Custom Mob AI combat stealth

I've been setting custom AI on creatures and while there were a few hickup's the system is fairly intuitive. With the exception of combat stealth. I've tried changing stealth.nss so Stealth is allowed in combat with a stealthlevel of 1, changing the subcommand to each separate stealth talent, adding in a "jumpto tactic" like default mobs seem to all have if they also have stealth (though dont really get what this one does), manually giving mobs all stealth talents (outside of package), changing it so stealth command is 4 (use ability) or 5 (modal), removing all other tactics.

Getting mobs to use stealth before combat so they are stealthed when you come up to them is working fine but I cant seem to get them to use it in combat. Would be nice so such things could be done as ranged mobs stealthing and running before reengaging when their hp gets low.

I believe last sentence is what explains your problem.

Q: What does 'asymmetric rules system' mean ?

The goal behind Dragon Age: Origin's rule system was to create a fun and challenging video game experience first and foremost.

We describe the rules as 'asymmetric' because a subset of the game rules treats player controlled characters and monsters differently, which is a deviation from pen and paper rule design that often require player and opponents to be treated exactly the same.

Notable Examples:

Party members never die permanently (get shattered, etc.)

Differently ranked creatures (including party members) get affected for different durations by effects

In limited situations in the game, we apply benefits to the player to overcome greater odds than they would usually be able to.

Some abilities will work diferently when deployed against the party (although the visual results might be identical).

Elimination of instant death situations (not fun!) against players but not against monsters (fun!).

Sustained abilities only work for players (the overhead is not justified for monsters that won't ever reappear after they die).

That must be outdated, or maybe vanilla AI is never set to use modal abilities. I see mobs activate modal abilities all the time and haven't had any general problems with custom AI in regards to modal abilities, but the caveat here is that I cannot remember the last time I played without combat tweaks, advanced tactics (though i believe this one doesn't affect AI at all), slink's ravage, & etc. Anywho I figured out what was going on. Stealth was working fine outside of combat for mobs because it was being activated from an "on spawn" event in creature_core. Naturally since this is run once it didn't do anything in combat. What was preventing the AI from firing stealth in combat was that I'm in the habit of testing custom AI tactics by spawning in a single enemy at a time and in ai_main_h there is some stuff that disables AI from using stealth if it has no alive allies. Its since working fine.

I really need to figure out how logging works, this would have been like a 5 minute figure out with that enabled me thinks.