Dragon age Toolset: Missing Palette?

So i recently decided to start modding Dragon Age, worked hard to get the toolset working, because it was unable to locate the database...

I started watching a tutorial on Youtube, but i just noticed my Palette isn't just as the one from the video, everything is missing, went to SQL and in logins found BUILTIN\Users, and changed it to english (I just supposed that was the one i had to change, somewhere on the internet i read it was a way to solve it). After that i ran the toolset again, it didn't work, this time i decided to check everything from the palette, and saw that only music and models are shown. I create areas and they don't appear where they should...

I searched further and found someone that said that, by reimporting the database, the error would be fixed, but i don't know what to do, he then pasted a link (http://social.bioware.com/wiki/datoolset/index.php/Database_backup_and_restore#Using_the_Backup_and_Restore_batch_files) and told to use the bak from tools\dbbak, but i don't know what to do, i copied the big text there and changed the target, since my bw_dragonage_content is in a folder called DAODB\Data (ensured it was the correct disk).... But ran it and nothing, i don't really know what to do now, i'm (as alistair would say) over-eager to mod this game.

Thanks in advance. I await willingly your answers.

If you didnt do many mods that are related to your database then its easiest thing to reinstall the toolset. I understand you had trouble installing it coz of cannot connect to database problem but if you follow this tutorial you can set things up in few minutes.

http://jerbecca.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/get-dragonage-origins-toolset-on-64-bit-windows-7-steam-and-sql-express-2008/

If you didnt do many mods that are related to your database then its easiest thing to reinstall the toolset. I understand you had trouble installing it coz of cannot connect to database problem but if you follow this tutorial you can set things up in few minutes.

http://jerbecca.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/get-dragonage-origins-toolset-on-64-bit-windows-7-steam-and-sql-express-2008/

Ok, i'm going to try, thanks for the help.

Ok, i'm going to try, thanks for the help.

Ok, I got another problem, i've been following the steps from the link you told me about, and one of them should have given me 2 files in a folder (DAODB) in C:/Program Files (x86)/DAODB.

I just wrote this (used my own location):

RESTORE FILELISTONLY FROM DISK = ‘D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\dragon age origins\tools\dbbak\bw_dragonage_content.bak’

GO

But it just fills the command prompt with ----------------------------------------------- -- -- - -- and yes, i saw C:/Program Files (x86)/DAODB/ (Thefiles). But they don't appear, and i don't know what to do, because the next step tells me to put them inside Program Files. Something i noticed, by the way, is that when i pasted that text in the command prompt, it told me that it wasn't correct, that it was using and incorrect form of " ´´´ " i replaced those with these: ' ' ' '. And this appears. I also tried both opening the command prompt in administrator mode and not, but it doesn't work.

Thank you again, for your help.

Edited by KelvinorCelsius

Copy this command by command (Ctrl+C) and paste in CMD window (Ctrl+V) - Edit lines first to match your install location.

Now im not sure about this but i think this is how i got it to work:

Use windows search to locate where are files you are looking for (bw_dragonage_content.mdf and bw_dragonage_content.ldf) then copy them and paste to C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\

SQLCMD -S .\SQLEXPRESS

RESTORE FILELISTONLY FROM DISK = "D:\Games\Dragon Age\tools\dbbak\bw_dragonage_content.bak"

GO

USE master;

GO

CREATE DATABASE bw_dragonage_content

ON PRIMARY

( NAME = bw_dragonage_content, FILENAME = "C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\bw_dragonage_content.mdf")

LOG ON

( NAME = bw_dragonage_content_log, FILENAME = "C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\bw_dragonage_content.ldf");

GO

RESTORE DATABASE bw_dragonage_content FROM DISK = "D:\Games\Dragon Age\tools\dbbak\bw_dragonage_content.bak" WITH REPLACE,RECOVERY

GO

EXIT

This should be 5 minutes job and it should work.

Copy this command by command (Ctrl+C) and paste in CMD window (Ctrl+V) - Edit lines first to match your install location.

Now im not sure about this but i think this is how i got it to work:

Use windows search to locate where are files you are looking for (bw_dragonage_content.mdf and bw_dragonage_content.ldf) then copy them and paste to C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\

SQLCMD -S .\SQLEXPRESS

RESTORE FILELISTONLY FROM DISK = "D:\Games\Dragon Age\tools\dbbak\bw_dragonage_content.bak"

GO

USE master;

GO

CREATE DATABASE bw_dragonage_content

ON PRIMARY

( NAME = bw_dragonage_content, FILENAME = "C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\bw_dragonage_content.mdf")

LOG ON

( NAME = bw_dragonage_content_log, FILENAME = "C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\bw_dragonage_content.ldf");

GO

RESTORE DATABASE bw_dragonage_content FROM DISK = "D:\Games\Dragon Age\tools\dbbak\bw_dragonage_content.bak" WITH REPLACE,RECOVERY

GO

EXIT

This should be 5 minutes job and it should work.

Mmmmm... Will it create anything if the Database is already created in my SQL server? Because i didn't delete it, yet. I've been trying now the "-q “select @@version”" to see if it responds when i type anything. Well it simply doesn't do anything. Is there any way to get it to respond?

Thanks for the help

PD: I hope i'm not being to annoying.

PD2: ;Ok, i reinstalled SQL 2008 and of course unninstalled 2005 before. I pasted your text and it just did something and quited, it seems it just created the database, because when i try again, it tells me it has already been created. Anyways, i just changed the configure toolset to match my server and database, but it doesn't work, still the freaking databse, i even modified it inside the register. But it doesn't work T_T!!!!

Edited by KelvinorCelsius

You are not annoying i was in same situation as you are now :D

Unfortunately i know nothing about SQL so i cant help you with that. I can only tell you what i did in order for everything to work.

So first and most important thing is to do clean install SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe ( description says: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express (x64) )

If everything is installed correctly you should have server up and running. (i believe i had to try few times coz it didnt want to install it properly)

To test this start cmd then copy paste this commands:

SQLCMD -S .\SQLEXPRESS (after this you should see 1> )

Select @@version (nothing happens after pressing enter)

GO (now you should see mysql version you have installed)

2nd step is just copy pasting line by line to cmd window (start over) (use your game install location)

- when you get to ON PRIMARY part i think this is when you have to look for 2 files somewhere on your disc and paste them to C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\

- C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\ has to stay unchanged

3. Use toolset configuration tool just as it is described in article that i showed you.

4 run toolset and start modding :)

I hope you will get it to work coz im running out of ideas :D

Notice: keep reading the article as you do step by step and compare your results with what the article says.

By the way try to run toolset few times. Sometimes (rare) i get database error but on next try it starts normally.

Edited by StevoSegalovic

• 2 weeks later...

You are not annoying i was in same situation as you are now :D

Unfortunately i know nothing about SQL so i cant help you with that. I can only tell you what i did in order for everything to work.

So first and most important thing is to do clean install SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe ( description says: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express (x64) )

If everything is installed correctly you should have server up and running. (i believe i had to try few times coz it didnt want to install it properly)

To test this start cmd then copy paste this commands:

SQLCMD -S .\SQLEXPRESS (after this you should see 1> )

Select @@version (nothing happens after pressing enter)

GO (now you should see mysql version you have installed)

2nd step is just copy pasting line by line to cmd window (start over) (use your game install location)

- when you get to ON PRIMARY part i think this is when you have to look for 2 files somewhere on your disc and paste them to C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\

- C:\Program Files\DAODB\Data\ has to stay unchanged

3. Use toolset configuration tool just as it is described in article that i showed you.

4 run toolset and start modding :)

I hope you will get it to work coz im running out of ideas :D

Notice: keep reading the article as you do step by step and compare your results with what the article says.

By the way try to run toolset few times. Sometimes (rare) i get database error but on next try it starts normally.

Ok, i'm going to try that, i'll inform you as soon as i test it.

Thanks, by the way.

Well, there's a problem, before installing it this time, i tried to install it following the directions of someone else on the internet. (Using SQL Express 2005). I already unninstalled it and replaced it with the 2008 64x. The only problem is that the database is still there, bw_dragonage_toolset, and when i get to the part i have to create the database, it tells me it's not going to do it because it already exists and it recommends to use another name.

Should i change the name? I guess it shouldn't influence the performance of the toolset anyways...

In that case, how can i remove the existing database so that i can create the new one?

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm Nancy and I know absolutely nothing about programming but I had the same problem as you and I solved with a brute force, I have Windows XP, but I believe that Windows 7 should be very similar. The files of the database are in the folder

C: \ Program Files \ DAODB \ Data (Win XP)

(bw_dragonage_content.mdf and. ldf)

if you copy in

C: \ Program Files \ DAODB \ MSSQL.1 \ MSSQL \ Data

files will be included in the database sql default, which is what loads when you open Dragon Age Toolset.

I did so and when I opened the window DAToolset Windows palette was the Global folder with its branches and resources.

So far I can use the toolset and test module that I'm starting to do in the game

Good luck