Problem getting certain mods to run/data not showing up on launcher

pattamus

I have been having a complete nightmare out of modding skyrim lately. It was working fine with all the mods I wanted, then I downloaded about 5 or 6 more one day just for kicks. After that, It would just crash after the load screen. I got rid of the mods I installed, and installed BOSS. I don't know if installing BOSS hurt or not, it just told me I had one incompatible mod (WaterReplacementTextures.esm) and to replace with WATER, which I already had. I never had a problem running both before.

Anyway this continued, I kept uninstalling mods and changing load orders till I was blue in the face. I finally tried to start a new game and it froze. I also at one time got it to a point where it would load any save inside a building but would crash anywhere outside.

Where I am now: I completely deleted My skyrim dir, including my mods dir and backup data dirs that I kept earlier for convience. I also went into users>me>my games>skyrim and backed it up. I reinstalled the game plus the official graphics pack, and the latest patch. Then I got the latest NMM and got all the mods I wanted, trying to stick to the ones I really wanted. After that, I copied my save games back to the correct folder, It then loaded my saves fine and played well.

The problem is that some of the mods aren't working, such as the UFO followers mod, the levelers tower, Midas spells, apocolypse spells, etc. I waited 3 days in game time and dismissed all my followers, everything the mods instructed me to. I have been noticing one thing for quite awhile, when I put down skse_loader.exe as the launch file, it won't start up the game, it will only bring up the loading screen, but the DATA portion is blacked out on this.

Another thing that might be a clue to my problems is the fact that every time I load NMM up, only the top 2 or so plugins are actually checked. I have to go thru and manually check each box down. The mod part of NMM is fine. I tried disabling a few mods to see if it would work, but that is just going down that same road I did before. I know the mods can work, I have save games with the majority being active when saved, so it's very important for me to get these saved games working properly with followers and add on spell sets. Also things like levelers tower and the dwemer airship do not show on the map. I have some armor and weapon mods, but have yet to see anything new on this new install.

I've already reinstalled about 3 times, changed the name of the data dirs, used the mods folder to install forgoing NMM altogether. I have modded F3 and FNV with sucess, and have an i5 [email protected] with a GTX 580 3GB windforce with 8gb ram. I also installed the 4gb memory address patch.

Help please! This is driving me crazy. I've made several threads, but I feel i'm closer than ever seeing as the game plays indoors and out and some mods are working. I just had several great spells I used to use a lot that came with midas, and companions from Morthal's guard house companions that I enchanted gear for and laced them out. I even geared them all and kept the ones I didn't use all the time in the leveler's tower, which I can't even access anymore :(

More experienced modders seeing anything glaring here? The plugins not being checked and the DATA box being greyed out are big giveaways to me, but I'm actually afraid to run BOSS based on what happened the first time. Also, what could I do to get the plugins to stay activated permanently and open up the DATA box in skyrim launcher? Also, how can I get the game to run thru NMM like f3 and FNV does? I use use nvse_loader.exe instead of skse_loader and it opens it fine. I apologize for the long post, but since i've posted before I want to cover everything and hopefully get everything working like before.

I promise if someone helps me get my game working normal again, I will check in on the forums and help whoever I can! I will be honest and say I didn't even notice the forums until recently.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have been having a complete nightmare out of modding skyrim lately. It was working fine with all the mods I wanted, then I downloaded about 5 or 6 more one day just for kicks. After that, It would just crash after the load screen. I got rid of the mods I installed, and installed BOSS. I don't know if installing BOSS hurt or not, it just told me I had one incompatible mod (WaterReplacementTextures.esm) and to replace with WATER, which I already had. I never had a problem running both before.

Anyway this continued, I kept uninstalling mods and changing load orders till I was blue in the face. I finally tried to start a new game and it froze. I also at one time got it to a point where it would load any save inside a building but would crash anywhere outside.

Where I am now: I completely deleted My skyrim dir, including my mods dir and backup data dirs that I kept earlier for convience. I also went into users>me>my games>skyrim and backed it up. I reinstalled the game plus the official graphics pack, and the latest patch. Then I got the latest NMM and got all the mods I wanted, trying to stick to the ones I really wanted. After that, I copied my save games back to the correct folder, It then loaded my saves fine and played well.

The problem is that some of the mods aren't working, such as the UFO followers mod, the levelers tower, Midas spells, apocolypse spells, etc. I waited 3 days in game time and dismissed all my followers, everything the mods instructed me to. I have been noticing one thing for quite awhile, when I put down skse_loader.exe as the launch file, it won't start up the game, it will only bring up the loading screen, but the DATA portion is blacked out on this.

Another thing that might be a clue to my problems is the fact that every time I load NMM up, only the top 2 or so plugins are actually checked. I have to go thru and manually check each box down. The mod part of NMM is fine. I tried disabling a few mods to see if it would work, but that is just going down that same road I did before. I know the mods can work, I have save games with the majority being active when saved, so it's very important for me to get these saved games working properly with followers and add on spell sets. Also things like levelers tower and the dwemer airship do not show on the map. I have some armor and weapon mods, but have yet to see anything new on this new install.

I've already reinstalled about 3 times, changed the name of the data dirs, used the mods folder to install forgoing NMM altogether. I have modded F3 and FNV with sucess, and have an i5 [email protected] with a GTX 580 3GB windforce with 8gb ram. I also installed the 4gb memory address patch.

Help please! This is driving me crazy. I've made several threads, but I feel i'm closer than ever seeing as the game plays indoors and out and some mods are working. I just had several great spells I used to use a lot that came with midas, and companions from Morthal's guard house companions that I enchanted gear for and laced them out. I even geared them all and kept the ones I didn't use all the time in the leveler's tower, which I can't even access anymore :(

More experienced modders seeing anything glaring here? The plugins not being checked and the DATA box being greyed out are big giveaways to me, but I'm actually afraid to run BOSS based on what happened the first time. Also, what could I do to get the plugins to stay activated permanently and open up the DATA box in skyrim launcher? Also, how can I get the game to run thru NMM like f3 and FNV does? I use use nvse_loader.exe instead of skse_loader and it opens it fine. I apologize for the long post, but since i've posted before I want to cover everything and hopefully get everything working like before.

I promise if someone helps me get my game working normal again, I will check in on the forums and help whoever I can! I will be honest and say I didn't even notice the forums until recently.

Thanks in advance! :)

Can anyone help with this? I really have put some major hours the last couple of days into skyrim modding, so if anyone can help in any way, I would really really appreciate it!

:snip:

Also, what could I do to get the plugins to stay activated permanently and open up the DATA box in skyrim launcher?

Next time you un-install, re-install outsode of the \Program Files directory (this will mean un-installing Steam. Don't install anything in \Program Files\ EVER it just causes too many problems with Windows UAC (mainly, I think, because the games devs havent got their heads around it).

Also, what could I do to get the plugins to stay activated permanently and open up the DATA box in skyrim launcher?

Next time you un-install, re-install outsode of the \Program Files directory (this will mean un-installing Steam. Don't install anything in \Program Files\ EVER it just causes too many problems with Windows UAC (mainly, I think, because the games devs havent got their heads around it).

Hi, Thank you for replying! I am still struggling with this game daily to get it back how I had it - Makes you appreciate things when you have it.

Yes, I do reinstall out of Program Files. The only thing installed in program files is windows files and applications (cause my boot drive is an SSD and I want them to be snappy). Other than that, each form of media gets it's own HD. I just Re-installed AGAIN, and still no DATA option in the launcher.

I really think if I can get to the bottom of what is causing my plugins to have to be checked every time NMM is opened, and the fact I can't get into the data file before. I don't have the steam edition, I went the GOG route (no DRM).

When I only checked just some of the plugins, some of those mods actually worked, in wonky fashion. Such as UFO- companion overhaul. Really, at this point there are about 10 mods I could live with if I had to.. I will post them so hopefully someone can give me the correct order, or tell me "this doesn't work anymore", etc. I've been told BOSS is not all that reliable, but it says everything is good except a few unknown plugins. These are ALL plugins I have played totally fine before this problem happened . So I need to find out why the plugins are doing this... and just when I can actually play and not crash outside. It's ironic, because in F3, all mods and plugins come in on the plugin side. This is because I chose the F3 directory to save my mods in. I tried doing both when reinstalling NMM, and either way, it still has these strange issues.

Thanks again, and BTW, I don't use that UAC crap, got rid of it. :)

I don't have the steam edition, I went the GOG route (no DRM).

GOG doesn't sell Skyrim :rolleyes:

Banned for piracy

Bben46