Why some stuff was left out of skyrim?

Deleted1308005User

Most of the reductions in Skyrim I'm okay with, since the game really isn't about custom spells (which broke Oblivion, I'm sorry, but it did) or piece-by-piece armor, it's about exploration, combat, and the story. All those things just got in the way of that.

No, it didnt (making OPed spells was a choice YOU made. I never made one OPed spell. It's easier to "break" Ob by putting the difficulty slider all the way down than it is to create "OPed" spells. Not to mention Skyrim has plenty of "breakable"' mechanics in it). And no, it definitely didnt get in the way (as it was optional), it in fact made everything better (better combat, better exploration, better story). More choice and more customization>less choice and less customization.

Can never understand why some people would want less. Must be newbs new to the series. Or people that never got everything out of their ES games in the first place (which effectively makes them newbs too). Or maybe these people just lack imagination and creativity. If everybody was as narrow minded as them, there would be no ES, since there's always this feature or that feature some newb didnt use. Which apparently makes it "useless" for everybody just because they play in linear ways.

Edited by Enatiomorph

Can never understand why some people would want less.

It's real simple. I don't need a bunch of extra junk features that don't add to my game experience. There may not be a spell creating system in Skyrim, but I can use most of those same effects with enchanting.

Seriously. The game wasn't ready for the 11/11/11 release, and you guys wanted them to add more stuff?

It's real simple. I don't need a bunch of extra junk features that don't add to my game experience. There may not be a spell creating system in Skyrim, but I can use most of those same effects with enchanting.

Seriously. The game wasn't ready for the 11/11/11 release, and you guys wanted them to add more stuff?

That's not a reason. Its not about you, its about everybody. Playing in linear ways and not getting everything out of your games is no excuse to have less. If everything this person or that person never used was taken out, there would be no game, much less an ES game. Your flawed logic would be like saying, "I never played a thief, so there's no reason to have sneak, or pickpocketing, or anything stealth related in game. Because I dont need that extra junk." Sorry, but that person sounds like a total newb whose opinions do not matter at all. And no, you cant use those same effects with enchanting. Hell, enchanting effects are 2/3rds of what they were in previous games. So yeah, that got dumbed down and cut too.

Most would have taken a delay. They set the gimmick release date, not the fans that were expecting the next Elder Scrolls game, but got Oblivion .5 instead. Yeah, Base Skyrim has less stuff/mechanics overall than base Oblivion.

Edited by Enatiomorph

:snip:

What you consider "a bunch of extra junk features" some of us actually enjoyed. Similarly there are things in Skyrim that I don't use/play, for example I haven't nor will ever play through the DB questline, but that doesn't mean that I think it should be stripped from the game.

What you consider "a bunch of extra junk features" some of us actually enjoyed. Similarly there are things in Skyrim that I don't use/play, for example I haven't nor will ever play through the DB questline, but that doesn't mean that I think it should be stripped from the game.

And again.. they had those things in the other games. This is a new game. Just like Oblivion had things Morrowind didn't and Morrowind had things Oblivion didn't.

You don't sell more games by making them the same over and over again unless you're making john madden football.

That's not a reason. Its not about you, its about everybody. Playing in linear ways and not getting everything out of your games is no excuse to have less. If everything this person or that person never used was taken out, there would be no game, much less an ES game. Your flawed logic would be like saying, "I never played a thief, so there's no reason to have sneak, or pickpocketing, or anything stealth related in game. Because I dont need that extra junk." Sorry, but that person sounds like a total newb whose opinions do not matter at all. And no, you cant use those same effects with enchanting. Hell, enchanting effects are 2/3rds of what they were in previous games. So yeah, that got dumbed down and cut too.

Most would have taken a delay. They set the gimmick release date, not the fans that were expecting the next Elder Scrolls game, but got Oblivion .5 instead. Yeah, Base Skyrim has less stuff/mechanics overall than base Oblivion.

You have a really poor attitude and you lack civility. I think I'd rather put you on my ignore list than listen to anymore petty insults because you think your opinion is the only one that matters.

Edited by Stemin

You have a really poor attitude and you lack civility. I think I'd rather put you on my ignore list than listen to anymore petty insults because you think your opinion is the only one that matters.

You lack logic, sense and your selfish, thinking everybody should play like you. LOL at people that didnt get everything out of their games then try to use it as an excuse to dumb them down. Obviously your new to the series.

Edited by Enatiomorph

And again.. they had those things in the other games. This is a new game. Just like Oblivion had things Morrowind didn't and Morrowind had things Oblivion didn't.

You don't sell more games by making them the same over and over again unless you're making john madden football.

More flawed fanboy logic. You dont cut the things people want. Those were cornerstones of the series, most of which have been in every game. They dont make a different game with every title. It is still the Elder Scrolls. By your flawed logic it would be OK for them to give us a baseball game as long as it said ES 7 on it. Since of course it's "difurunt".

These are the types of neophytes Beth shouldn't have tried to placate and pander to with Skyrim in the first place. These people would have been fine with their COD and GOW games.

Edited by Enatiomorph