Kudos

Stemin

The silent thanks in the wind...thats what kudos are...besides being supposedly good candy (never had them). For the most part they have fallen by the wayside and been overtaken in popularity by endorsements.

I really don't see the point of it since there's not even a notification. I don't even know until I go back and read one of my posts and then I'm just like "when did that get there?" So how should I feel appreciative for something I:

1. Don't know why I received.

2. Don't know when I received.

3. Don't have anyone to thank.

I read what everyone is saying. But what I'm saying is, the system feels meaningless when you have to make an effort to keep track of it. I feel like if someone is going to give me thanks, at least someone should tell me, even if you still want to keep it anonymous.

As far as I can tell, absolutely no one "keeps track" of kudos.

One gives them to others (and one is limited to giving another member exactly 1) as an informal reward for whatever the giver found worthy.

One notices them, (one's own, or another's) in an "Oh, that's nice" kind of way. That's about it. :whistling:

Don't find the idea meaningful/useful? Ignore them. :thumbsup:

There is no rule that a member cannot tell you they gave you a kudo. Or preventing them from thanking you in a post. There are people who would not bother to do this, but WILL click on a kudo as a form of thanks. knowing it is anonymous. :thumbsup: