Changing a Vanilla Mesh Texture

CarnivalOfFear

Im trying to find a way to change the texture on a vanilla mesh but also keep the original texture intact on all other versions of the item in the game. Im making crates and I want to label them with different labels. normally I would edit the nif file and change the texture then add it to the game but seeing as an upload of a mod cannot contain vanilla meshes how can I do this?

Im trying to find a way to change the texture on a vanilla mesh but also keep the original texture intact on all other versions of the item in the game. Im making crates and I want to label them with different labels. normally I would edit the nif file and change the texture then add it to the game but seeing as an upload of a mod cannot contain vanilla meshes how can I do this?

I would reassign texture materials in a 3D editor, which are located in default game texture folder and labeled with original_name1.dds instead of original_name.dds.

For example, in blender, you import the .NIF, rightclick on mesh, hit TAB, A, U then change in UV window, go to image menu/replace and load up your new texture.

Then hitting F5, click an "assign" and tick "face textures."

Then, hit TAB, hit A, go file/export/.NIF and you have it.

I would reassign texture materials in a 3D editor, which are located in default game texture folder and labeled with original_name1.dds instead of original_name.dds.

For example, in blender, you import the .NIF, rightclick on mesh, hit TAB, A, U then change in UV window, go to image menu/replace and load up your new texture.

Then hitting F5, click an "assign" and tick "face textures."

Then, hit TAB, hit A, go file/export/.NIF and you have it.

problem is the nif is still a Bethesda mesh and I cant upload it I believe