how the whiterunguardcuirass find the good texture??

qbicego

Hi community

I need some lights!

I want to make a pluggin to bring my pov-diversification to city guards outfit (via outfitlist).

(There's some mods out there but they don't fit me)

I planned to retexture some vanilla cuirras to make new ones (I want to keep the vanilla one)

Then I discovered several things I don't understand :

-- for example the armorguardcuirraswhitherun as no real meshes

--> I look further in CK and noticed it uses the stormcloakcuirass.nif

--> I look further with NifSkope and noticed that stormcloakcuirass.nif is attached to stormcloakcuirass.dds

There are all the textures for the several city guard in "Texture/Armor/Stormcloak" but there is just one meshes and it seems to be attached to only one texture....

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

I'm pretty sure that if I understand that I could symplify my pluggin!

By the way there is another thing that I found...

-- there is a version of the stormcloakcuirass.nif with sleeves ... I like this one (fit better in a cold environment)

--> When I look in NifSkope this armor uses the same texture as the normal cuirass (without sleeves)

--> And when I look at the dds it seems that there is no sleeves....WEIRD!

So that's my little problems for now....

I'm quite new at "modding" (for now it's for me) and I need your help!!

Have a look at the pic.

Double click on the lower list item(1), this is the body model.

Then click on the select button (2), note: I clicked on the male version, there is another select button further down for the female version.

In the list this brings up you can see listed the alternate texture set (3) double click to clear/replace it.

If replacing stuff you also have to do the same thing with the world model using the edit button (4)

The texture sets are defined under the Miscellaneous section of the object window in the CK.

Edited by flobalob