No music

MerlinCross

So I decided to come back to New Vegas after some time. Load up my game, everything seems fine, till the game minimizes and I get a popup. Something about a "Sonic Cineplayer decoder pack" or something. I looked up through Google what the heck that was about. But after a search on my computer, I couldn't find it.

The reason I bring this up is because of what happened next. I load up New Vegas today, and there's no sound at the main menu. Oh I get the 'clicks' of selecting things, but no music. Load up a man, I get my weapons sounds and the radio, but no passive music. I even re-installed it. My only clue was that "Sonic Cineplayer decoder pack" popup. I would give you a pic or a better detail of the pop up but it doesn't want to come back up.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

EDIT: Just checked Oblivion. Same deal. So it's probably the same with Fallout 3 as well. Can anyone help me?

Edited by MerlinCross

you have a non compatibly decoder installed on your system.

you can uninstall this from control panel, add and remove programs or programs and features.

maybe this decoder pack itself have no deinstall routine but the main program who has install that codec have a deinstall routine. you may need restart the PC

http://www.ehow.com/how_6796982_uninstall-cineplayer-dvd-decoder.html

if that not work than try the k-lite codec tweak tool to fix.

http://www.free-codecs.com/Codec_Tweak_Tool_download.htm

press fixes and search for broken codecs and filters / fix broken sounds

Edited by CYNTHETIC

The problem is, I don't know where this came from nor where it is on my computer. Searching for it leads no where, not through a file search or looking at the program list in my uninstall list. The program isn't here it seems, but due to it not being here, I have a problem. I have no clue.

Clernoc which K-Lite Mega Codec pack do you use as I get a lot of different files when I google.

no roxio or sonic related entrys in the add/remove program manager?

no dvd player programs or like this?

btw

with the tweak tool u can reset the decoder settings..maybe that will fix

and here is the newest klite codec pack from the autor´s website

http://www.codecguide.com/ i think u need the full or mega version.. but a warning ..the k-lite codec can bugget new vegas to.

i prefer u to use mostly defaults checked in the installation ..no ffdshow and so on

Edited by CYNTHETIC

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. But no, no Roxio or Sonic players found under the uninstall nor on file search.

I'm hesitant to try messing around with sound files on my own so I might take it to a shop or something and see if they can help.