Strange aura of shadow that follows camera position :/

adman85

Yes, I disabled shadows in the majority, but now I get this very strange shadow that follows the camera position, in first person it extends out a few feet in front of the player, it looks like im holding an anti torch or something, spreading shadows instead of light o.0

I have the Configurator mod, but no settings seem to get rid of this annoying effect. How can I remove this shadow-cloud from the camera?

I'll get some pictures up to try and show it, but its hard without video.

EDIT; it seems that this only occurs during snowstorms, I don't know why though.

Edited by adman85

I have the same issue. It seems there is a shadowy-radius around my character when walking at dawn or low-light areas...like a dark aura that surrounds me. I was told this is a bloom effect of a type. I used a mod called "Imaginator" and used one of it's presets. That cleared it up for me. I'm just giving you an idea of how I dealt with it. I am also letting you know by this post that your not the only one to have that issue so it's not some singular thing to happen to you only.

*As a side note, I also changed to a "Better Enhanced Snow" mod that came with my Realistic Lighting mod. That almost erased my issue.*

Edited by Reaper0021

Also, one of the Admins of this board, bben, has made an EXCELLENT and concise guide for troubleshooting. Here is his link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/?x=0#post631601 Give it a whirl as well. He covers a lot of issues and is very deliberate on the topic. Edited by Reaper0021