Skyrim SE Claw Doors Bug

BurnPL

Google LOOT and download it from the github link.

This won't do you much good though as if you want a stable modded game you are going to have to put some work in. My advice would be to read the pinned topics on this site and the Steam forums site on mods and modding. You will have to get at least a basic knowledge of LOOT, XEdit, Wrye Bash, and the mod manager of your choice which should be Vortex or MO2. Both of those mod managers will do the job and are supported and updated. Which one you choose to use is up to you as there are pros and cons to both.

Way too many people think that you can just download a bunch of mods and then play their game, unfortunately this is not true. In order for you to mod just about any game, and oldrim and SSE are certainly, included there is just no substitute for learning and becoming familiar with the mod tools that are necessary for a stable modded game.

Are you sure that was a LOOT load order? Did you click on the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the page to sort and when that changed to "apply" did you click on that? Your unofficial patch should load higher than that.

I am still using NMM myself but I have been using it for years and can work around most of it's idiosyncrasies. If you are new to modding I would definitely learn to use one of the mod managers I suggested as NMM has not been supported by Nexus for some time and will have more and more problems with the newer mods as they come out. As an example it does not work with esl files very well from what I understand.

Are you sure that was a LOOT load order? Did you click on the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the page to sort and when that changed to "apply" did you click on that? Your unofficial patch should load higher than that.

I am still using NMM myself but I have been using it for years and can work around most of it's idiosyncrasies. If you are new to modding I would definitely learn to use one of the mod managers I suggested as NMM has not been supported by Nexus for some time and will have more and more problems with the newer mods as they come out. As an example it does not work with esl files very well from what I understand.

I did click on that, but that didn't help really. What else should I do. I never really thought about my loadorder because I didn't have that many mods in the earlier years and there wasn't any issue.

You could try validating your master files although that is a long shot. To do so first delete your ini files in Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition, then open Steam and delete the appcache folder, after doing that shut down your computer for five or ten minutes. Start your computer and validate your files by opening Steam right clicking on SSE going to "Properties" "local files" "verify integrity of game files". One file will always fail to validate, don't worry about it. Then launch your game from the Steam launcher, this will create the files you deleted. If you have cleaned your update and DLC esms' you will have to do so again. Launch your game the way you normally do, I would launch it from a save before you entered the cell that is giving you a problem.

If this does not work the only thing I can think is to start from scratch. I know you said that was a LOOT sorted load order but it just looks out of wack to me. I would create a vanilla SSE go through the initial sequence with no mods except the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, make three or four saves after emerging from the Helgen cave and start adding mods to one of those saves four or five at a time and playing for a minute or so then quitting and adding four or five more mods and so on. You can save those save files, I put mine in a folder called SSE Saves, original huh? This way I always have a clean save to use when starting a new game. You will have to sort and apply with LOOT after every time you quit and add some mods. I usually just play to when Hadvar shows me Bleak Falls Barrow then quit and add some more mods. This is not infallible as some mod conflicts may not show up until hours of game play, which is why you should pay particular attention to the following paragraph.

I would also read the pinned topics on this site and the Steam forum sites to better understand how to use the mod tools which are essential for a stable modded game; these include, but are not limited to, LOOT, Wrye Bash, XEdit, and the mod manager of your choice.

• 4 years later...