How to remove a mod-added magic effect after uninstall.

Dasistgutja

Hey all, having a problem removing the effects from my mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10540

Basically it can't be uninstalled.

I want the spell effects to disappear when the mod is uninstalled - and a save with it installed is loaded.

I know some mods use a console command that you run before actually uninstalling the mod, such as "uninstall ubermod 1", to disable anything relevant, though I haven't the foggiest as to how to implement this.

The mod adds these effects as fortify effects, which races start with.

Maybe I have to add the right condition to each effect so that it stops applying itself when the mod no longer exists? Maybe one that checks if the player has it in his/her active effects list?

Any help greatly appreciated!

- Dasistgutja

Usually, with that type of mod, you have to create a new character when you install or uninstall it. Or modify your stats with command lines in oder to return to the vanilla behavior.

That's what most modder specify with their install instruction for those mods, so, I assume it's not possible to do otherwise, but maybe that's just cause they are content with that and don't want to do more.

Concerning your idea, anything you do in the CK will disappear once you uninstall your mod, so even if you say in a script to remove the effect if the mod is not installed, this instruction will no longer be in the game and thus won't apply, I think.

Concerning your idea, anything you do in the CK will disappear once you uninstall your mod, so even if you say in a script to remove the effect if the mod is not installed, this instruction will no longer be in the game and thus won't apply, I think.

I thought that would be the case, but I figured it might be an option as the buffs still remain once the mod is uninstalled, though the listing in active effects is properly removed. =/