CTD when New places mods enabled

TheThirdVoid

Been having this problem were, when I activate any mod that adds a new house to live in or have, Skyrim CTD when loading screen appears. Been wondering if theirs any way to fix this problems and hoping for suggestion on how to fix this. Really wanted to enjoy these cool mods with minimal CTDs. Any help would be appreciated. Load order has been included Edited by TheThirdVoid

Hey Third...

Sorry about the trouble your having.

Question 1: Are you using BOSS to auto-arrange your load orders?

Question 2: What current drivers are you using for your GPU?

Question 3: How frequent is the issue? Every time you load up? Or just random?

I remember this now. After looking at your mods. Yeah had the same issue myself adding the "Hunters Shack" near Riften. Whenever I would load up entering the shack, I'd CTD. I stopped having that issue when I changed my lighting Mod from "Climates" to "Realistic" and re-did load order. I'm not saying that's the cause...just letting you know what I did.

here is my Computer Specs:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7500 @2.93GHz

Ram 4GB

Nividia GeForce 9500 GT

Approx. Total Memory: 2797

Memory: 4096MB

sorry if there is mission info or not enough, I am new to the forms. I use BOSS once, and it CTD, so i manually moved them, referencing the mod pages on what the author says to put them. The CTD happen when I go to another cell or when i come into range of certain areas. (IE. Understone Keep in Markarth, Fast traveled to Winter Hold, about 3 min walk distance north east of WindMelm)

Yeah I had same issue. I know it was a load order issue for me. I used BOSS, then after running BOSS manually went over the .esm and .esp order again myself to double check. I did fix it that way, but the exact cause of the issue was my own error...not the mod's. I know I had Climates placed wrong. I switched it to the very bottom of my load order. That. for me, fixed my problem. I'm using 87 mods...and trust me it can be a headache. If need be, I can post my own load order according to BOSS and let you see mine as opposed to your own. But I went and started using Realistic World Lighting instead of Climates....personal choice and by NO MEANS a problem with that most excellent mod. Edited by Reaper0021

k thanks for the advice, ill move the climates esp to the bottom and see if it works. Good to know that it is the mod order rather then technical issues, corrupted files, or mission files. Thanks for the help and suggestions

-Just tried to load skyrim now with the new places and home mods, and skyrim now CTD as soon as i load the save from the title screen

Edit: I check which mod exactly was causing the CTD and it was 'Vortai the Home in the sky'. Dont know why its causing the CTD but it was the main one i wanted to keep. I guess ill look for another one and remove Vortai.

Edited by TheThirdVoid

k thanks for the advice, ill move the climates esp to the bottom and see if it works. Good to know that it is the mod order rather then technical issues, corrupted files, or mission files. Thanks for the help and suggestions

-Just tried to load skyrim now with the new places and home mods, and skyrim now CTD as soon as i load the save from the title screen

Edit: I check which mod exactly was causing the CTD and it was 'Vortai the Home in the sky'. Dont know why its causing the CTD but it was the main one i wanted to keep. I guess ill look for another one and remove Vortai.

Might I suggest the following player Homes/Lairs/Abodes:

1) Build your own home: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18480

2) Reaper's Dark Tower *Note* This is an adult Mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17863

3) The Asteria: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13641

All of these I have used extensively with Climates of Tamriel, Realistic World Lighting, URWL, etc.

Edited by Reaper0021

I have just downloaded the Asteria mod and works well with no CTD. I have downloaded before both the reapers tower and Build your own home, but with CTD issues. I'm going to see if putting the climate mod at the bottom and try to mess around with the load order to see if i can fix it.

Just tried starting skyrim with the build your own house mod. It instantly crashes when i select continue or load on my save game.

Edit: I tried turning off half of my mods and keeping the build your own hose mod on and it worked. Then i turn on 10 mods at a time to try finding the conflicting mod with Build your own house mod. For some reason now, the CTD in the title screen has stopped. Haven't played skyrim yet, just wanted to see if the CTD title screen problem was solved but will see if i encounter any more CTD during game play. Hopefully I don't.

Edited by TheThirdVoid