[Mod Help] How change all ON-FOOT animation to Chair Sitting

Lukong1515

I'm trying not to give away my mod idea (even though I kind of do) so PLEASE ANSWER WITH Links/How-To and not Opinions or Suggestions to Mods, but If I have to, I will show Video.

PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW THE FOLLOWING

1a. Change All On-Foot Animation (Walk/Run/Sprint/Crouch/Jump/Turn/Etc) to other animation like Sitting (Chair) or Sleeping (Sleeping) via FO4Edit

1b. From their what do I need (Tutorial/Tool Links) to edit and add custom Animation like Raising the Hands or Feet forward while sitting in Chair (Blender or 3dsMax)

2. How to make standalone PowerArmor Frame

- I want to keep the Customization, but change the On-Foot Animation

If a Moderator sees this please either Take it down if I put up a Thread with a Proper Title or Edit the Title to [Mod Help] How change All ON-FOOT animation to Chair Sitting

Edited by Lukong1515

Just a word of warning: You will have a LOT of work to do.

1a. You need to either edit the HumanSubGraphAdditive or replace the animation files. Keep in mind, that either will replace all animations for the Player AND for NPCs.

1b. You need 3DS MAX (2013/2014/2015 with Havok Content Tools) and the F4AK. If you don't know how to animate in MAX, you will have a tough time.

Importing animations can be hit or miss and is a lot of work. Some bones don't get imported correctly and do weird things which means you have to corrct the manually.

Weapons have their own set of animation. Even all walking animations are separate sets for each weapon type.

2. Do you want to replace the frame itself? You just have to replace the mesh and make sure all the attach points and bone weighting is intact. Power armor is a different race and has it's own subgraph. This means: Another set of animations and records in your ESP. For a new one, do the same thing, but create a new mesh and create a new record in CK. The frame is not armor but furniture and uses a different skeleton than the without power armor.

I hope I could help you to some extend.

Just a word of warning: You will have a LOT of work to do.

1a. You need to either edit the HumanSubGraphAdditive or replace the animation files. Keep in mind, that either will replace all animations for the Player AND for NPCs.

1b. You need 3DS MAX (2013/2014/2015 with Havok Content Tools) and the F4AK. If you don't know how to animate in MAX, you will have a tough time.

Importing animations can be hit or miss and is a lot of work. Some bones don't get imported correctly and do weird things which means you have to corrct the manually.

Weapons have their own set of animation. Even all walking animations are separate sets for each weapon type.

2. Do you want to replace the frame itself? You just have to replace the mesh and make sure all the attach points and bone weighting is intact. Power armor is a different race and has it's own subgraph. This means: Another set of animations and records in your ESP. For a new one, do the same thing, but create a new mesh and create a new record in CK. The frame is not armor but furniture and uses a different skeleton than the without power armor.

I hope I could help you to some extend.

Thank you for your reply (I will not forget your name)

Yes you did help me. I hate when people's comment spirals into off topic flame wars.

1a. Thank you, I can Google most of this to see where to go.

1b. I have 3DSMax(Though not 2013/2014/2015, but 2016), the HavokTools and a link to F4AK, but I will either find Easy Animation Tutorials cause their won't be complex Animation...at first

2. I was trying to create a new Race of PowerArmor in the past and had little to no luck (When I attempted to change the Whole Mesh...there was no change).

Eventually I did figure out how to do some part of the Mod Idea, but without the Correct Animation it looks Beta.

"Another set of Animations and records in Your ESP" = This is exactly what I want to do, but in a Reverse Order.

I want to change all the PowerArmor Animation Records (I don't know where) to Sitting in Chair/Lying on Bed > From there I copy & edit the NIF files > Redirect the Filepath to the Edited NIF Animations

"frame is not armor but furniture and uses a different skeleton than the without power armor." That is probably I couldn't get it to change.

Edited by Lukong1515

Ah. No problem.

You need MAX 2013/2014 or 2015 because these are the only versions the Havok Content Tools are compatible with. They won't work with 2016 and later as far as I know.

Changing the path for animations is not a something you do in the NIF, but in the SubGraphAdditive in CK. You will need CK to generate the AnimTextData. https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Subgraphs

Animations are tied to the skeleton, not the mesh. This is called Sekletal Animation.

Animations are a rather complex thing to mod in this game. Not only because animating isn't easy but also because of the steps necessary to get the animations into the game.

Ah. No problem.

You need MAX 2013/2014 or 2015 because these are the only versions the Havok Content Tools are compatible with. They won't work with 2016 and later as far as I know.

Changing the path for animations is not a something you do in the NIF, but in the SubGraphAdditive in CK. You will need CK to generate the AnimTextData. https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Subgraphs

Animations are tied to the skeleton, not the mesh. This is called Sekletal Animation.

Animations are a rather complex thing to mod in this game. Not only because animating isn't easy but also because of the steps necessary to get the animations into the game.

What about 2012 3DSMax (I can test to see, but oh boy is 2015 good for modding everything in FO4...cause I can't get a student copy of 2015/2014/2013 from Autodesk, if I have one I'll delete 2016)...

"Changing the path for animations is not a something you do in the NIF"

- Sorry what I meant is changing the Records in an ESP through FO4Edit (Say I make the PowerFrame Standalone > Change the Animation Filepath = Good)

- I'm assuming I can't generate AnimTextData with FO4Edit (I did little Google and got 4 results) so I need Creation Kit

- The 1st link to Subgraphs > "Animation Paths" is what I want to change so a Certain Race of PowerArmor follows a specific Animation

- Also Is Behaviour Path like when someone is standing they turn their head while idle or sway as they walk

BIG THANKS FOR THAT SUBGRAPH LINK, I THINK I'LL TRY AND FIND IF THIS IS IN FO4Edit

"Animations are tied to the skeleton, not the mesh. This is called Sekletal Animation"

- I know...but isn't the Animation format NIF or KBP something

- So if where to have moving parts like say a Door, Tire or Mounted Gun...I would have to move the Bones for the Power Frame around (Like if I wanted to change where/how the Fusion Core is I would edit that animation)

"Animations are a rather complex thing to mod in this game"

- Exact reason why I want to use FO4Edit to re-use something close to what I need that already exist. Afterwards clone, modify & sync those Animations to work better with what I'm actually doing

Edited by Lukong1515