Upgrading my computer

That "Random fan" is for overclocking the processor, although it's always recommendable, you need to know how to do it. You can find many tutorials online, but it's still something VERY tricky to do on your own.

PD1: There are better overclocking fans than that one (I personally like DeepCool's)

PD2: Just in case you don' know - are you familiarized with overclocking?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PD2: Just in case you don' know - are you familiarized with overclocking?

Not at all... I figured I would be able to Google everything and then watch stuff on Youtube to put everything together.

Well, it is possible, but the thing is that you have to meddle with Power input, you gotta get in the Bios and stuff, there are too many variables and too many things that can go wrong. But, the good thing is that I5's are very easy to overclock (not like bulldozers), and in general they all use similar configurations, but if something happens, online videos don't usually show how to deal with inconveniences, and then you are on your own (that's where experience counts). In my case I got a friend to do it, as my fx 6100 is a pain in the ass to OC.

Nevertheless, it's still a good idea, but maybe you should wait til everything is put together and working, and then see what sort of extra cooling you might need, depending on your overclocking needs.

Also I've had a HAF 922 and it is loud and doesn't have that much working space inside and worst of all it gets really dusty inside of this case.

Hm, do you think the bigger one (at least I think this one is) would be better?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225

A full tower is a bit overkill, I don't think you'll need one unless you're piling on the 5.25" bays and expansion slots.

My personal favorite is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139006&Tpk=corsair%20650d.

Would having a full tower make it so I would have room to upgrade for a long time? Or will there just be a lot of empty space inside of it?

The advantages of a full tower is some nice, empty space and good ventilation(subject to make and model, of course). Any good ATX case will last you for many, many upgrades. Parts tend to stay the same size.