ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Script Error when trying to start game

reddragon98

Hello, I was trying to set up some mods for Witcher 3, it worked fine before but I added some new mod's and I got this error message

Error [content0]game\quests\conditions\questcontainer.ws(23): Unknown base class 'IInventoryScriptedListener'
Error [content0]game\quests\conditions\questitemammo.ws(23): Unknown base class 'IInventoryScriptedListener'
Error [content0]game\quests\conditions\questitemquantity.ws(22): Unknown base class 'IInventoryScriptedListener'
Error [modslots]local\essuninstallation.ws(48): Unknown base class 'W3PlayerAbilityManager'
Error [content0]game\player\states\combatfists.ws(21): Cannot define state 'CombatFists' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
Error [content0]game\player\states\combatsilver.ws(10): Cannot define state 'CombatSilver' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
Error [content0]game\player\states\combatsteel.ws(10): Cannot define state 'CombatSteel' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
Error [content0]game\player\states\combatsword.ws(9): Cannot define state 'CombatSword' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
Error [content0]game\player\states\interactionobject\approachinteraction.ws(10): Cannot define state 'ApproachInteractionState' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
Error [content0]game\player\states\meditation\meditation.ws(10): Cannot define state 'Meditation' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
Error [content0]game\player\states\meditation\meditationbase.ws(10): Cannot define state 'MeditationBase' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
Error [content0]game\player\states\meditation\meditationwaiting.ws(10): Cannot define state 'MeditationWaiting' in context of unknown class 'W3PlayerWitcher'
The mods I have installed are, Set Skill Points, GodMode, More XP, AutoLoot Config, TradeMan, Increased Creature Loot, FastTravel Anywhere, if anyone knows what my issue is I will be glad to hear it

• 3 months later...

I am currently confused by the intersection of Trademan, the Trademan patch, and Vortex. I was having that same script problem, and felt that things were getting out of hand, so uninstalled and reinstalled. A pain, of course, but that did work.

^The contents of Vortex-downloaded mod files by default (symlink) will appear as empty to Script Merger, which can lead to unknown/missing stuff compiling errors. You can use the Unofficial Script Merger Patch (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3395) to make script merger work with Vortex' default symlinks, but Vortex is not recommended for TW3 regardless. Manual downloads and either manual installation (following the mod's install instructions to the letter) or TW3 Mod Manager installation (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2678) are the preferred methods.

Edited by Partoutatix

• 4 weeks later...

^There's no guarantee that any 2 mods are compatible, that's not a script merger flaw. But there is a guarantee that if you don't merge conflicting files your mods won't be working right. Got 20 mods that change the same file? Only 1 mod's version of that file will actually be loaded if you don't merge, only 1 mod's version of that file will actually work in-game, the rest will be discarded. The game might launch if you're lucky, but the mods will be broken and might cause permanent issues to your save.