Sky-UI not working properly

SardaukarNL

I just installed Skyrim and read a little about mods so for starters I installed the Nexus Mod Manager and then added SKSE, Sky_UI and a HD pack. According to NMM all mods are installed and activated, but still Skyrim thinks SKSE is not installed???? Any help would be very much appreciated.

You need SKSE. It's a program that allows certain Mods like SKY UI to run. Without SKSE...you can still use Sky UI but you will get none of it's functionality. The search function won't work, the font will go generic, etc.

http://skse.silverlock.org/

Get the current build which will be 1.05.09.7z. Install it, then un-install and re-install SKY UI. To see if you have SKSE properly installed, start a new game, open the console (Tilde Key ~ ) and type: GetSKSEVersion. It will show you what your running. If you do NOT get this message, you haven't got SKSE installed right.

*I see you DID get SKSE sorry. My bad I need new glasses. You probably haven't got it installed right. Type what I wrote in console in game.

Edited by Reaper0021

Well, there are a couple things that might be wrong. First off, if you have not already, copy and paste the Data folder into your Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\ folder (it will replace some files in your Data\Scripts\ folder). However, if you want you can turn SKSE into a mod instead (to allow for easier removal, very handy, I wish I'd done this; the video below will show you how to do that). Secondly, make sure you're launching Skyrim via the SKSE launcher, rather than the vanilla launcher (SKSE has it's own special game launcher).

Watch this video to make sure you have SKSE properly installed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGnQIiNVqA

This video will tell you a bit about SKSE and give you instructions on how to install it (including how to turn SKSE into a mod, making it easier to remove). He does a great job of explaining how to install SKSE and getting it to run, as well as giving a basic rundown on what SKSE is (though you don't seem to need that part).

Edited by Gameguy83

Well, there are a couple things that might be wrong. First off, did you copy and paste the Data folder into your Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\ folder (it will replace some filles in your Data\Scripts\ folder, however if you want you can turn SKSE into a mod (to allow for easier removal; the link below will send you to a youtube video that will show how to do that). Secondly, make sure you're launching Skyrim via the SKSE launcher, rather than the vanilla launcher (SKSE has it's own special game launcher).

Watch this video to make sure you have SKSE properly installed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGnQIiNVqA

This video will tell you a bit about SKSE and give you instructions on how to install it (including how to turn SKSE into a mod, making it easier to remove). He does a great job of explaining how to install SKSE and getting it to run, as well as giving a basic rundown on what SKSE is (though you don't seem to need that part).

Great post. I would watch the video seeing that your a new player to it...and welcome to the wide world of Mods....watch the video and re-do the steps if you need to. This is a good post and the video is very worth watching. Or watch this mans videos. Gopher is BEAST.

I am a total novice with mods in general and the SkyUI in particular. I recently installed the SkyUI and naturally it didn't work because I hadn't installed the SKSE. I stalled that the hard way because I didn't have the NMM yet. I carefully extracted each file to his proper location and even figured out how to change where the desktop shortcut pointed ( I have Vista ) to execute the game.

The first time I loaded the game it worked fine. The 2nd time I got the SKSE error saying the script wasn't there when I opened my inv. The inventory, however worked fine. I then saved and exited the game and reloaded it and the error was gone. It seems to me that the program "thinks" the script hasn't loaded when it actually is loaded. So the erratic script error message when the thing is actually working fine,

So what I am saying here is "you may be chasing an error that doesn't actually exist" Yes the error message is annoying but the UI still works is my point and as I said the message is erratic.