Permission to come back aboard requested

gigantibyte

I haven't played Skyrim for 6 months. The thumbed down gameplay, frequent crashes and the delay in releasing the creation kit were not very motivating at the time I quit. And after searching for a different game to enjoy, I found there was nothing that could fill the void left by expectations I had unfulfilled by Skyrim. I stopped gaming altogether for a time.

Just needed a break it seams.

The CK is out, and I've read good things about patch 1.7. Dawnguard is due, but it's not like I didn't have a million other quests I never completed. Yeah, I'll buy the DLC no matter. Doesn't mean I won't grumble a bit.

Anyhow, I posted several grandiose mod ideas, that I'm not sure I'll ever get around to. My current plan is to start a new game and install mods as needed to make Skyrim more enjoyable. When what I want isn't available, that's the mod I'll work on creating.

Sooo.... How are the new tools compared to what was used in GECK?

The pathing is similar, most concepts remain the same. They made trading in a dumb way again ... Bethesda. :P .

The scripting is a little different though. Also better lighting, flowing water , I guess you can't really list it like that

You basically can't build quest mods and mods with intensive scripting for Skyrim. If you look at the lists of mods that people have built, you will see a striking lack of quest mods, guild mods, faction mods, and things like that which add new adventures and play-value.

(Actually you can build quest mods and mods with lots of scripting and dialog, it is just that they won't work on a substantial minority of other peoples' computers. No one has really explained why this is. If you build a quest mod with no bugs that works perfectly on your computer, I estimate that it will work on 85% - 95% percent of downloaders' computers. I guess those are decent odds, but it also means that you will be getting a constant stream of error reports and complaints from 5% - 15% of the downloaders. Papyrus and external script files and .fuz files stink!)

You basically can't build quest mods and mods with intensive scripting for Skyrim. If you look at the lists of mods that people have built, you will see a striking lack of quest mods, guild mods, faction mods, and things like that which add new adventures and play-value.

What in Oblivion?!? Could have never guessed it would be that bad. New quests is what I bet many people were anxious to make too. Luckily, most of my ideas are for gameplay mechanics enhancements, like better follower control. I'll have to check it out and see what can be done.

I don't know why they didn't do the trading like Morrowind or Fallout 3. At least they didn't do it like Oblivion. (As far as the in-game mechanics.)

Now as far as multiple vender chests, why oh why couldn't they do it like Oblivion? Someone at Bethesda must have known that modders like to build armor and weapon mods and gamers like to download them. They should have known that one way to get the new items to the player is through vanilla venders. But they pretty much broke it and fouled it all up so that it is not worth doing it this way in Skyrim.

Edited by David Brasher