Table Settings

DavidWhitefang

Hello Mur_Zik,

Thanks for the compliment and support!

I added a file called 'FileOneESP' to the mod, the day after I released it.

That file contains the items nifs as clutter items. They have havok and will fall in the world, can be kicked around, picked up, etc. I tried to keep the collision low poly for the most part. The Glasses, plates and bowls collisions are exact, even though low poly, but what I did with items like the centerpiece, was to only put the colision on the plate itself. If you go this route, and use these, it will be possible for the npcs to knock them around in the game, if they get rowdy, after you've took the time to lay them out how you want them.

I added this version for players who did not understand the construction set, so they could at least enjoy them too.

In my future release to this mod, I will release both versions at once; a file called 'FileTwo' and a file called 'FileTwoESP' ... the files with, 'ESP' in their titles will be the ones with the collision.

One important thing, the furniture items will not be included in the files labeled 'FileOneESP', 'FileTwoESP', etc.

Thanks again,

David

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I'm not interested in new homes mods no matter the decor UNLESS:

1) they include quests to obtain or staff with servants. Plus, questing for the special furniture and items you're thinking of placing would be ok, even if they're simple "clear the dungeon" types. Perhaps you have to break into some aristocrat's home to get special pieces.

2) There's also a heavy price tag involved in septims and time.

Far too many house mods are simply "download me and it's yours". Where's the fun in that?

Don't care for that kind of "fun".

A fun house mod for me, and I don't mind buying it, is:

Lots of secret stuff to find; a bit of lore additions with some healthy modern lore-breaking; surprises galore,

and most importantly USEFUL ITEMS.

A mage quarters is a must, I'd prefer that it be well hidden from general prying eyes, or sort of secretive. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE houses that use the Static Alchemy Mod and Coblized Ingredient Sorters. A quest that originates after you own the house is always welcome, perhaps a mystery to solve, but not an obvious one the moment you walk in the door.

I prefer comfortable modern furniture to stiff wooden crap. I could give a rats ass about bathrooms but outdoor pools and outdoor showers would be a huge plus that not too many think about.

Large roomy guest quarters are very helpful, I mean well-pathed guest quarters where your companions can roam freely without getting stuck and are able to roam to areas to sleep, areas to eat, and areas to relax with an outdoor feeling to them, probably the best way to handle that is to bring the outdoors inside the quest quarters area. NO LOADING DOORS. Just free movement from room to room in the guest quarters.

Please, a great kitchen. Surprises like "working" ovens, "working" fireplaces, "working" lights, and "working" armories and such. How about a dimmer switch in the bedroom for ambience? What about a working stereo system where you can add a few favorite MP3s?

Companions are ok, as long as they don't follow you around to private quarters. I had a Castle that had a male guard in the Master Bedroom Suite. Um NO. Got rid of him, but kept the castle.

I would prefer to make and get my own companions anyway, I like extremely pretty people and most mod NPCs don't seem to live up to the standard I'd like.

I have plenty of stuff to do in my game, even though I've completed probably 90% of all the quests, (I still have only been to SI twice though, so there's that whenever I feel like it).

If I could make a house, these are the things I would put in it.

Alas that will have to wait until I master meshing.

Hee hee! I'm working on a house mod right now and that's all really great advice thanks for it :) I'll try to implement what I can.

David, I'm stealing your dinnerware for my house :D hope you don't mind. I have a beta up on nexus and hope to have a release soon, and I'll be sure to give proper credit for the wonderful tablesettings :)

beta linky: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22374

• 11 months later...

Hi David,

(sorry for my pitiful english)

Really it's a very beautiful work

but i have a great problem

i use the the "FileOneEsp" the result is very beautiful but with a dramatic slowdown and freeze..

I've put one by one the items back to my inventory, and install items on the table. I reload my game but nothing to do.. Dramatic slowdown and freeze :(

I have more than 130 mods installed an no problem with my graphic card..

This dishes seems perfect for my new home,

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29106

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/29106-2-1263742758.jpg

if you can do something .. I thank you in advance

• 2 months later...

Wow, this is amazing, I don't think I've ever seen more realistic food for Oblivion. Too bad the ratings don't work.

Currently I'm building a large quest/house mod ,first one I'm going to release, and I'll definitely include these meshes. I might edit them a bit though, hope you don't mind. It probably won't be released for a while. Sincere thanks.

Slartibart

PS The post above was me, for some reason I have two accounts I didn't create the other one.

• 2 months later...
Guest deleted1354564

I'm creating a mod as well and I used these resources to enhance some of the Oblivion Inns. However I added havok to them..... 9_9 I like to set a fireball and see the dishes flying. LOL

I checked the readme, it's really okay to upload a mod with them, right?

Hi David and thanks for your contribution. I used your work in my mod, hope you don't mind. I restructured everything using MAX; didn't wanted plates and silverware to fly everywhere as soon as a NPC comes too close. Downside is it makes table clutters static and fake, upside is it looks better on the long term.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you and hope you keep me posted for your next release. If you're bored or want to contribute, I can use talented modders, PM me.

Cheers,

Grumpf.