Dawnguard relase date for PC

Mutak94

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that something fishy is going on with that DLC here. I made a Twitter account for the sole purpose of following Pete Hines, who's in charge of Bethesda's public relations (PR).

Anyway what I want to say is that I saw some of his tweets that say "Sit tight, we'll have info soon" or "When we have info to share, we'll do it but not on Twitter" etc. So I assumed that he was asked by someone to give out the relase date of Dawnguard.

But I tried something else, I asked him WHY didn't they give us the date yet. I asked him twice. And he didn't answer me. In the meantime, he answered some other guys. So in my book this means that they've got something to hide.

So in my book this means that they've got something to hide.

Like their terrorist plan to blow up the world?

Seriously, perhaps they are improving a bugfull DLC? Did that ever cross your mind? Since you do realize the PC version requires a lot more work than the Xbox versions, and last time they released something to PS3 it was a bugfest. Perhaps they want to avoid another PR shitstorm?

Is it that hard to be optimistic?

Yes, because they've had 30 days to do all that has to be done (fix all the bugs etc.) - while Dawnguard was Xbox 360 exclusive. And I understand that perhaps 30 days is not enough to fix it all - I'm a modder and I know that modding can be difficult and require large amounts of time. I can imagine that DLCs as big as this one are even harder to create and fix.

However, I just can't see how does that prevent them for telling us "Hey guys, we're fixing bugs, we don't know when we'll be done, might be tomorrow, might be in 5 years." I'm not angry at them for not telling us the date, I'm angry at them for not telling us why didn't they give us the date yet. I'm angry at them because they're keeping us in the dark. With the info we've got so far, your conclusion that they're fixing the bugs is just a petty assumption - no offense. For all we know, they may be, e.g. changing face models and textures so that every NPC in the game has a troll face.

My opinion is that this whole Dawnguard delay issue is just a part of the scheme to make more money in some way. I don't know in which one because it seems that with each passing day without Dawnguard for PC/PS3, they lose more and more money (and fans). I would be very curious to find out how do these economic plans work, because most of them don't seem very sensible to me, and, if you don't mind, I'd like to expand the subject a little (you can TL;DR it if you want to). I don't understand why does Microsoft pay to have the privilege of 30 day Xbox 360 exclusive DLC. This seems like a bad idea to me because the only way in which this would help them earn more money that comes to my mind is when somebody is looking to buy a new console. If he can't decide will he buy XBOX 360 or PS3, he may say "Oh but look! If I buy Xbox 360, I won't have to wait for a month to play Dawnguard!". But I think such cases are very rare. Someone who's looking to buy a console will not base his decision on one DLC of one video game - even if that game is Skyrim. So it appears that Microsoft is actually losing money, instead of gaining. Which wouldn't be the first time. But since they are buying exclusive rights over and over again, there must be something else, something we're missing here. They somehow profit from all this, and I just don't know how. Because if the DLCs proved to be a bad investment, they would just stop buying exclusive rights for them. Bill Gates isn't crazy. So basically what I wanted to achieve by writing this long chapter about Microsoft - if they can have weird investments that don't seem to make sense, yet they do, then the same thing is applicable to Bethesda. Somehow, they're gainig money from delaying this game, and they should at least tell us how. Keeping us in the dark is very rude.

Edited by Mutak94

I wholey agree with the above poster, the biggest problem has been the shitstorm created by their lack of coming forward with any information whatsoever.

Is there any above board reason for withholding information?

This shitstorm could have been very quickly nipped in the bud before it barely kicked off.

Are they more likely afraid that when they do tell the truth, eg the exclusive is actually 2 months, that the truth will actually damage sales on the PC and PS3 platforms?

And as for how Micrsoft make money with the exclusives.

Think of the long game, if they do this across the board with multiple games producers like they are currently doing, they may see it as a way of pissing the customer off against their current platform and moving to xbox.

Although the real result is pissing more and more people off against Microsoft, but I guess boardroom money monkeys see things differently from other people.

Im more ashamed that a Civilian/Member/Modder has to go and fix all the Bugs with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and Bethesda cant even scratch the surfus of what Kivan and Arthmoor can fix in a Week that takes Bethesda a Month to fix. :facepalm:

Who really runs these Games and does a better job then what Bethesda can come up with, you talented Modders. :thumbsup:

"These are the times that try pc gamers souls" - Thomas Paine

it will come out eventually, that doesn't explain why they are being mum about it. what i've read that xbox players said about the dlc was a bunch of stuff, but really none of it was about game breaking bugs.

I wouldn't worry about it, besides with some of the mods coming out for skyrim, and a couple big projects that finally came out for oblivion I'm not wandering around Tamerial with nothing to do.

Edited by modder3434

... that got paid copious amounts of money by Microsoft to get temporary exclusivity rights for their Xbox platform.
This part really bites, seeing as most of us PC users are playing on Microsoft operating systems. OS's that cost almost as much as an XBox if you go for the premium versions. I can see them wanting exclusivity over Sony gamers, but they are screwing over a major sector of their own customer base.

I've always marveled at Microsoft's stupidity in cutting their own throats like that. They should be plastering ads everywhere promoting the Windows PC as *The* gaming computer, especially with Apple beginning to eat their lunch elsewhere. Instead, they're bribing game makers to exclude and anger their own customers.