Origins Storylines

phoenixsingerpdx

I didn't see anything like this in the Nexus so I apologize if it does exist - rather obscurely and not having any modding skills, I thought I should come here with this.

To me it never made sense that Duncan only seeks out one person, not counting Jory and Daveth to join the Wardens during what he considers to be a Blight. So I have an idea that may be fairly complicated to actually pull off and some may see as pointless but why not be able to play every origins storyline in one game? The point of doing this in my mind is that Duncan is actively recruiting not just a few people but practically an army for what is suspected to be an upcoming war they have to stop. But besides just that - it extends gameplay a bit, allows you to have more characters to customize and play though and seems a bit more realistic. Now, this would radically change some aspects of the game but I think for the better.

This is just how I would structure it. You would first create the "main" character and then the rest of them and then start each storyline in this order:

Human Noble rouge or fighter

City Elf rouge or fighter

Dalish Elf rouge or fighter

Mage human or elf

Dwarf Commoner rouge or fighter

Dwarf Noble rouge or fighter

I suppose you could do something to have the game "check" to see if the main character fits any of the perimeters and when the next character has to be created, that option (say you made a Human Noble as your main character) would no longer be available or whatever would be easier to pull this off.

The main difference is that after one storyline is over it starts the next instead of skipping straight to Ostagar until each of them (the storylines/origins) is finished and the whole party with the "main character" arrives to start the rest of the game at Ostagar and then the rest of the party heads into the camp. Various plot points would have to be tweaked to accommodate the fact that these other Wardens exist but I think that would only be limited to Ostagar/Kocarri Wilds, interactions in Denerim/with Dalish elves/City elf/Dwarf areas, the Tradesmeet, interactions with Allister and Anora, Morrigan's proposition near the end and then the very last battle (just have all the Wardens besides Allister and the main character go off into a different direction, deeper in the city to deal with all the darkspawn could be one way to deal with this). Otherwise I don't see this as "gamebreaking." I'm not sure IF it's even possible but it's something I'd like to see.

So how does anyone feel about this? Possible? Impossible? Great idea? Stupid, etc?

And perhaps this could lead to a community expansion of DAO before Awakening to follow where these various Wardens end up doing after the Blight is defeated. I imagine Allister (or Anora) taking power even with such a huge success defeating the Blight could not have sat easy with everyone. Maybe a civil war?

There is a support for that although not by many people. I like the idea and would like to do something like that but its just to much work for one person. Ideas like that need a support from more skilled modders. But ideas are always good, they are what change the world :D

Ahh after reading that thread, my idea is different and would require a lot more.. *work* to accomplish but they're similar in that they allow the other 5 Wardens to be available. My idea is more to integrate the storylines and character creation (though the ladder isn't as necessary to me as the former). This kind of just makes the characters for you and allows them to be join the party later on.

I also agree with this idea. I've also wanted to play as twins, so I could romance both Alistair and Morrigan. I don't want to do the equal Love scenario, even if I have romanced Lelianna as a female warden. I just love Al to much to want to do just a male one to romance Morrigan only. and twins would be the way to go. I've often thought that the other warden's could be adopted, as in the human mage could have been twin to the human noble but taken away by a faithful servant when it was found out he/she had magic powers to be raised by them, but taken to the tower after it became known of their powers generally. Something like that, who knows. But your ideas, along with big problem/little problem are way cool. I hope it can be done, if everyonr puts their heads together maybe it can. Maybe they might take it into account for DA3. too.