Cant aim and shoot

curlbaumann

for some reason my fallout controls aren't letting me aim and shoot at the same time, making sniper rifiles and other scoped weapons really boring, I don't want to use VATS all the time, i can bring up the scope, but it doesn't let me fire, also in the controls there doesn't seem to be any help. PLEASE HELP

• 7 months later...

Hi, bit late response on this, but I have had a similar issue.

On my system it would not let me fire while aiming, even with an entirely clean install. When I tried, the gun would sort of twitch downward, but not fire.

It may not be helpful, but I've found a workaround in that it works fine when using a controller instead of mouse and keyboard.

Are you using any mods or a previous save game? If so try a fresh, clean, new game. Make sure to be running the 1.4 patch from Steam.

• 5 months later...

for some reason my fallout controls aren't letting me aim and shoot at the same time, making sniper rifiles and other scoped weapons really boring, I don't want to use VATS all the time, i can bring up the scope, but it doesn't let me fire, also in the controls there doesn't seem to be any help. PLEASE HELP

Hi there,. i had the same problem and just could not figure out what the problem was,. but i got it fixxed,... my mouse is a "Roccat kone XTD" (perhabs you also have a roccat mouse ?)... Anyways,. it somehow worked for me when i changed all the settings in my mouse driver back to default,. even though nothing related to this was ever changed in my settings it worked again!.. i hope this will help you out,. even though its over a year later ;)