Crash when near sorrows camp or dead horses camp

MrKeytil

I get a CTD when i fast travel or just walk to sorrows camp or dead horses camp (also on the road from eastern virgin to dead horses camp). It starts happening after discovering general store, i loaded a save before discovering general store and i could walk in to both camps with no CTD. I verified game files but it didn't help.

Here's nvac log:

21023235 _ NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
21023235 _ 03130000 07050000 nvac.dll
21023235 _ 0C800000 05010040 nvse_1_4.dll
21023235 _ 77420000 06011DB1 ntdll.dll
21023339 O 00579ADE C00000FD FalloutNV.exe
21023339 r 00570345 00000048 FalloutNV.exe
21023339 O 0043B46F C00000FD FalloutNV.exe
21023339 r 0040FC3C 00000003 FalloutNV.exe
Here's my load order:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
SolidProject.esm=1
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp=1
LootMenu.esp=1
All Weapon Sounds Overhaul .esp=1
AllVanillaCompanionPerks.esp=1
RetrievableThrowables.esp=1
ExplosivesImmunityFix.esp=1
BLEEDNV.esp=1
ItemBrowser.esp=1
FalloutNV_lang.esp=0
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp=1
JIP MiniMap.esp=1
Gamechanger.esp=1
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1
Edited by MrKeytil

The Nexus description page of NVAC explains how to interpret it's log file. Exception code "c00000fd" is saying you have two "Stack Overflow" errors. Basically you need to allocate more "heap space" by way of the "Sheson NVSE patch". See the 'Checklist Item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

That load order is not sorted correctly.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

If the problem persists, then see either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

If that is not sufficient to resolve your problem, please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as if you are using a "regional language version" of the game; using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.)

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags".

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

-Dubious-

The Nexus description page of NVAC explains how to interpret it's log file. Exception code "c00000fd" is saying you have two "Stack Overflow" errors. Basically you need to allocate more "heap space" by way of the "Sheson NVSE patch". See the 'Checklist Item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

That load order is not sorted correctly.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

If the problem persists, then see either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

If that is not sufficient to resolve your problem, please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as if you are using a "regional language version" of the game; using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.)

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags".

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

-Dubious-

I allocated more "heap space" to the game (it was 400 and i changed it to 496).

Here's the falloutnv_error.log:

Fallout: New Vegas

Computer Name: Khaaytil

Initializing Renderer...

Create D3D9 instance...SUCCESSFUL

NiDX9Renderer::Initialize> Attempting to create rendering device

NiDX9Renderer::Create> Using D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 backbuffer format

Initializing Shader System...

Initializing Sky...

Initializing TES...

Initializing TreeManager...

Activating Tasklet Threads...

Loading Files...

Loading a user created or misnamed BSA

QUESTS: Could not find previous info (010108DD) for TopicInfo (01011B23) in Topic "NVDLC01RadioElijahEnd" (01011B12).

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0100522F) on Script (00000000) '0'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0100522F) on Script (00000000) '0'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Armor '' needs to have biped slots selected in the editor.

MASTERFILE: Armor '' needs to have biped slots selected in the editor.

MASTERFILE: Unable to find Idle (0F000000) on owner object (0F000CD9).

MASTERFILE: Unable to find Topic (0F000000) on owner object (0F000CD9).

DEFAULT: (Faction Reaction Error) Faction '' (1A02D500) is a Friend or Ally of Faction '' (0001B2A4), but Faction '' (0001B2A4) is not a Friend or Ally of Faction '' (1A02D500). Faction ''(01011584) will be forced to be a Friend of Faction '' (1A02D500)

MODEL ERROR: Could not find file 'RagdollConstraint\Default.rdt'.

Initializing Player...

Initializing Scripts...

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B00195A) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B001952) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B001959) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B001953) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B001955) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B001954) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B001958) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

MASTERFILE: Could not find referenced object (0B001957) on Script (0E0072C9) 'E0072C9'. Script will not be executed.

Initializing Actor Locations...

Loading initial area...

Placing player...

Begin Idle loop...

The script function list doesn't have all the names filled in.

Failed to find texture textures\pnx\armor\leather backpack\backpack_n.dds

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\bodymods\falloutnv.esm\00000007modbodymale.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\facemods\falloutnv.esm\00000007_0.dds.

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwim" frame 1 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtturnright.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwimSurface" frame 1 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtturnright.kf".

ANIMATION: Animation group note problem. See C:\Users\Khaaytil\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Warnings.txt file.

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwim" frame 2 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwimSurface" frame 2 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwim" frame 29 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwimSurface" frame 29 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Animation group note problem. See C:\Users\Khaaytil\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Warnings.txt file.

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwim" frame 1 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtfastforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwimSurface" frame 1 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtfastforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwim" frame 14 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtfastforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwimSurface" frame 15 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtfastforward.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwim" frame 6 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtturnleft.kf".

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: NPCGeckoSwimSurface" frame 6 in "creatures\NVGecko\swimmtturnleft.kf".

ANIMATION: (AttackLoop) too many blend values in "Characters\_1stPerson\2hlattackloop.kf". Blend 1, BlendIn 1, BlendOut 0

MODELS: Could not find parent node extra data for 'Scene Root'.

Audio: Attempted to play multi-channel sound (data\sound\fx\wpn\shotgunhunting\wpn_huntingshotgun_reloadstart.wav) in 3D. Forcing 2D playback.

Removing previous operation ADD for Task on Navmesh 0x020104ac (srcptr = 0x00000000)

MODELS: Could not get file for Meshes\effects\fxnullexplosionartNoHat.egm.

MODELS: Could not get file for Meshes\effects\fxnullexplosionartHat.egm.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\facemods\honesthearts.esm\00009482_0.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_sk.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\facemods\honesthearts.esm\000094cb_0.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_f_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_f_sk.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\facemods\honesthearts.esm\000094cb_0.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_f_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_f_sk.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\nvdlc02\characters\nvdlc02_deadhorsehead_sk.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\mouth\mouthraider_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\mouth\teethlowerraider_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\mouth\teethupperraider_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\characters\mouth\tongueraider_n.dds.

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\c

Everytime i verify integrity of game files after the crash it downloads a 448 bytes file.

Here's the other stuff from "how to ask for help"

PC SPECS:

CPU: Intel i3-2120 3.30ghz

GPU: nvidia gt 620 4 gb (i don't believe it has 4 gb vram but that's what dxdiag shows)

Resolution: monitor is 1920x1080. According to nvidia's gt 620 page, gt 620 max resolution is 2560x1600. I'm playing the game on 1024x768

RAM: 6 gb

HDD free space: C 80 gb and D 30 gb

It's desktop pc

Windows: windows 7 pro service pack 1 64-bit

Game's location: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru

Game version: i don't know where to look at this, it's the last steam version

DLCs: yes, all of them

Mod manager: Nexus mod manager

Construction kit: GECK, latest version

Helper programs: LOOT, fnvedit, wrye flash, nvse, nvconfigator

Enhancements: no, only steam overlay

4gb patch: yes, i have applied 4 gb patch

Did the game work before: yes, it did. It started happening after discovering general store. It doesn't happen if i don't discover general store

Steam verify: yes, i did. Yes and no. I did when it first happened and it didn't help, then i restored my old ini files and it keeps happening

Hide known extensions: no

Mods: https://imgur.com/gallery/Zmibpr0

Edited by MrKeytil

I un-installed all mods and then re-installed them one-by-one. I think my JIP LN NVSE Plugin was broken. I re-installed it and now it doesn't crash anymore. Thanks for the help, i could upvote or kudos or endorse or whatever upvote system this forum has to your profile if you would tell me how to do it, because i can't seem to find anything like that here

You are getting a lot of "MODELS: Could not get file for texture" (etc.) errors for what appear to be FalloutNV.ESM files. Either you are missing some BSA file, or you have a "file permission" problem.

As you did move Steam out of the default location, then likely any access privilege problem is one of "File and Folder permissions" on the parent "root" folder under which you installed the games. If this is not set correctly to allow at least "System", "Administrators", and "Users" to have "Full Control" then you can't overwrite other files or make changes. You then need to enable the "Properties | Security | Advanced | Change Permissions" setting of the parent folder to enable the box: "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", so those changes get applied to the existing files and sub-folders.

"Verify local file integrity" ALWAYS downloads at least one file. It's not known to be an issue. It never hurts to run "chkdsk".

You have the "enplczru" version of the game. While I don't know of any reason that should cause the problem you are encountering, it is possible those on a website devoted to that version of the game might know better. (If you find one that helps, please provide us with a link so we can direct others there in the future.)

-Dubious-

it is possible those on a website devoted to that version of the game might know better. (If you find one that helps, please provide us with a link so we can direct others there in the future.)

I didn't understand this part. I just un-installed my jip ln nvse plugin and then installed the latest version, which is at this time 55.00

Re: "I didn't understand this part.". Just saying that there are usually independent websites that are in their native language that may have reports of problems and solutions that are specific to that language version of the game. With the way Google and other search engines track "user preferences", such "other language" sites are much less likely to turn up in our "English language" search results.

Updating to the latest version of NVSE Plugins is always a good idea, as they are typically solving new problems or adding new features. JIP in particular is very active and resourceful fixing underlying game engine issues. (Have you taken the time to configure it's INI file?) However, I don't see how that plugin in particular is likely to be related to your specific problem with the HH "general store" area.

Are you still getting those NVAC error log messages? I ask because some errors mask others, so they don't show up until the first error has been resolved.

-Dubious-

Re: "I didn't understand this part.". Just saying that there are usually independent websites that are in their native language that may have reports of problems and solutions that are specific to that language version of the game. With the way Google and other search engines track "user preferences", such "other language" sites are much less likely to turn up in our "English language" search results.

Updating to the latest version of NVSE Plugins is always a good idea, as they are typically solving new problems or adding new features. JIP in particular is very active and resourceful fixing underlying game engine issues. (Have you taken the time to configure it's INI file?) However, I don't see how that plugin in particular is likely to be related to your specific problem with the HH "general store" area.

Are you still getting those NVAC error log messages? I ask because some errors mask others, so they don't show up until the first error has been resolved.

-Dubious-

I think it isn't giving any errors:

21205909 _ NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
21205909 _ 02FB0000 07050000 nvac.dll
21205909 _ 0BEA0000 05010040 nvse_1_4.dll
21205909 _ 77330000 06011DB1 ntdll.dll
21214022 ; NiDX9Renderer::Recreate> Using D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 backbuffer format
21225708 _ 00400000 00000000 FalloutNV.exe
00000000 means everything is okay i hope

Yes, that is a "clean" NVAC log. The "_" indicates they are just "informational" messages that those files loaded successfully.

I think we "cross posted". I missed post #4 (indicating you solved your problem) while posting my #5 & 6. I'm surprised it was JIP, but glad you figured it out.

I added information regarding "kudos" to my signature. (Had to look it up myself.)

-Dubious-