Insane Skyrim Glitch

NeonDX7

Did Any of you experience this, or does the game hate me this much? Sucks because I needed the Greybeards to show me the locations of the shouts, but now, that won't be happening, the Greybeards hate me now for killing a Dragon I didn't even lay a finger on.

Edited by NeonDX7

NeonDX7, geez you've got some unusually long loading screens there lol..

are you sure your gaming rig is capable of running ENB and whatever mods you've got loaded?

Anyway, you're right, if anything happens to Paarthurnax for whatever reason, the Greybeards will cease being hospitable,

Arngeir hints at this whenever discussing the Blades, and I've never known Paarthurnax to venture away from the Throat of the World.

My guess is game/mod/quest scripts glitched due to a combination of issues caused by the game engine and using fast travel.

Its kinda obvious watching the video on how long it takes to load the game and transition screens.

You also may have active quest scripts running of somekind involving Paarthurnax.

Bugs happen especially if you're pushing your gaming rig too hard, reload a previous save, use fast travel sparingly, turn off autosave, and

maybe streamline your mods selection and reconsider if ENB effects are really worth the rendering wait times and low fps.

Nice dual-wielding by the way! lol. :turned:

Edited by xlcr

NeonDX7, geez you've got some unusually long loading screens there lol..

you sure your gaming rig is capable of running ENB and whatever mods you've got loaded?

Anyway, you're right, if anything happens to Paarthurnax for whatever reason, the Greybeards will cease being hospitable,

Arngeir hints at this whenever discussing the Blades, and I've never known Paarthurnax to venture away from the Throat of the World.

My guess is game/mod/quest scripts glitched due to a combination of issues caused by mods/quests and using fast travel.

Its kinda obvious watching the video on how long it takes to load the game and transition screens.

You also may have active quest scripts running of somekind involving Paarthurnax.

Bugs happen, reload a previous save, use fast travel sparingly, turn off autosave, and

maybe streamline your mods selection and reconsider if ENB effects are really worth the rendering wait times and low fps.

Nice dual-wielding by the way! lol.

Yeah, I have a high end ENB, lol. It's not usually this slow, though, the loading time regularly is that of an Xbox 360's loading time, which is still bad. I'm going to get a new ENB that doesn't drop my FPS rate and loading time like this one does. I'll try the suggestions you gave me, hopefully I can fix this. The ENB I'm talking about is on Ultra, btw. The loading time could of been a lot slower. Also, do you happen to know any ENB's that doesn't dramatically lower FPS rate, If so, please let me know. I never knew Paarthurnax could venture off away from the Throat of the World, either. That's why I was puzzled when I didn't see him there, he mysteriously ended up in Whiterun. This wasm't the first time this happened either, this happened on my mage file, when I was doing the Destruction ritual quest, he literally fell out of the sky and was deceased, Bethesda has a lot of bugs to sort out, this one is by far the most amusing one yet. My loading time without the ENB is 3-5 seconds, so I'm going to take your advice and get a new graphic mod, that doesn't lower my FPS. I'm going to miss this ENB :(

Edited by NeonDX7

NeonDX7, cool, you're experimenting with all the fun mods and stuff just like i do, its fun.

for now i've ditched playing with ENB stuff until i build a better gaming rig and decided i really don't need fancy

rendering effects, skyrim's pretty enough to look at without them; however, i use HD textures and lighting mods.

You may want to look into lighting mods (instead of ENB rendering effects) that do not require screen shader injections or post processing, i like:

Realistic Lighting With Customization by The Realistic Lighting Team - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7654

Also, there are global/program tweaks you can make to your GPU's control panel game profile for Skyrim that improve quality/performance.

Back on your original topic,

i suspect you've got a dragon or other mod running rogue scripts causing the dead Paarthurnax anomaly on fast travel or suddenly falling out of the sky lol.

its possible you may have somekind of current game issue due to too many active quests; but,

i've never heard of this Paarthurnax thing happening that you're getting on two separate game playthrus.

At least your issue is being consistant lol.

If you want to, post the contents of your DLCList.txt which is a list of mods (esp/esm) your running (search for it in your systemdrive).

Someone on the forum might identify a mod you have that's known to be troublesome.

Edited by xlcr

NeonDX7, cool, you're experimenting with all the fun mods and stuff just like i do, its fun.

for now i've ditched playing with ENB stuff until i build a better gaming rig and decided i really don't need fancy

rendering effects, skyrim's pretty enough to look at without them; however, i use HD textures and lighting mods.

You may want to look into lighting mods (instead of ENB rendering effects) that do not require screen shader injections or post processing, i like:

Realistic Lighting With Customization by The Realistic Lighting Team - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7654

Also, there are global/program tweaks you can make to your GPU's control panel game profile for Skyrim that improve quality/performance.

Back on your original topic,

i suspect you've got a dragon or other mod running rogue scripts causing the dead Paarthurnax anomaly on fast travel or suddenly falling out of the sky lol.

its possible you may have somekind of current game issue due to too many active quests; but,

i've never heard of this Paarthurnax thing happening that you're getting on two separate game playthrus.

At least your issue is being consistant lol.

If you want to, post the contents of your DLCList.txt which is a list of mods (esp/esm) your running (search for it in your systemdrive).

Someone on the forum might identify a mod you have that's known to be troublesome.

Apachii

Well, I went to go ask some modders, They said you can't run the Oblivion hair pack, Apachii hair pack, and the Fallout hair pack, it causes issues in the game. This could be the cause, thanks for the help btw.

NeonDX7, lol c'mon, hair packs causing Paarthurnax issues? wow.

well i guess if you tried running Apachii/Oblivion/Fallout versions all at once Skyrim would freak.

only body mods i run are dimonized unp, no blocky faces, body tattoos, and adjusted race heights.

default hair styles seem good enough and i've disabled most in-game helmets,

not too much into modelling/posing game characters; but,

picky about lore-friendly aesthetics/practical appearance of gear and weaponry.

anyway, hope you discovered what was causing the Paarthurnax problems.

Those are painfully slow loading times. I see you disabled SSAO. Do you have DoF (Depth of Field) enabled? If so, turn it off and see if that helps.

Since you asked for a ENB recommendation, I'm currently using Vibrant ENB (no shaders, SSAO and DoF turned off). It looks great with no performance hit.

Another one I have my eye on is JENB. He has a performance preset based on ENB 0.108 which I think is worth looking into. It doesn't have the fancy stuff so it should be easier on the system. And if you like playing with ENBs like I do, get yourself the ENB Customizer. Just makes life so much easier.