Body tattoos appearing on NPC's

wdrewjr

Hi. I'm currently replaying Skyrim for the nth time, and the first time I entered the Silver Blood Inn I noticed this:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7246/7678921312_bcda089fdf.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7263/7678914462_78f2450039.jpg

The innkeepers wife is now sporting a cool back tattoo. She was the only person in the game that I had seen one on until a bit later when I was looting a witch I had killed and noticed this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8142/7678908428_60e93a94be.jpg

Now what I can't figure out, and I'm hoping someone else out there can, is how they got them, considering I've never installed any tattoo mods of any kind at any time. This isn't really a problem (it's not messing with the game, as far as I know), just a curiosity. I haven't seen any on male characters, nor on any female characters except these two. Thanks for your time.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I am using CBBE, but I haven't download, let alone installed, any of the tattoo skins. The reason I haven't is because from what I've read, if you do install it then ALL of the NPC women get the tattoos. From what I've read it's not supposed to be possible for just one (or in my case, two) NPC's to have tattoos when nobody else does. That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out here. But thanks again for the reply.

I'm using the full CBBE set of Mods. I have some tattooing of "NPC's" that I didn't have before. Thanks for bringing this up Wdrewjr cause until I read this post, I didn't think it out of sorts myself. I'm also using Better Followers, Better Dialogue, The optional armor packs from the followers mod (1 and 2) and a few others. If I figure it out before you get an answer here I'll message you. Otherwise, this post serves a dual purpose. Don't mean to piggy-back your post, but yeah I am curious myself.

A new find today, and on a vanilla NPC. Carlotta Valentia is now sporting tattoos, again despite my not having loaded any. And if some other mod that I have loaded has included the tattoos, then why only on certain characters? From what I've read, this isn't supposed to be able to be done. If you load a back tattoo for females, then ALL of the females get the tattoo (unless it's for a created race). But even if it was for a created race that one of my mods unknowingly loaded, then why have I now seen tattoos on TWO vanilla characters (Carlotta Valentia and the innkeepers wife in the Silver Blood Inn). Please help!!!

Thought I'd post again to see if anyone else has noticed this. I'm still finding back and body tattoos on certain females (generic and Vanilla named characters), on a variety of races, but not every member of a race, and definitely not on all female characters (which is what I had read would happpen if you tried to apply a back tattoo texture to the females in the game. To say again, I have NOT installed such a tattoo mod, but I have installed mods that have added NPC's (More Interesting NPC's, Travelers, etc.). But the tattoos have appeared on females (again, ONLY females) that were not in any way supposed to be affected by any mod, such as the old wife of the Silver Blood Inn and Carlotta in Whiterun. I'm using the full CBBE set of mods for female bodies. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't really mind seeing them pop up from time to time. What I'm really interested in is HOW this is happening, because if I can find out how only certain NPC's get a certain tattoo (the tattoos spotted have been varried, not all the same), then I could apply a tattoo mod to my follower, and JUST my follower. Thanks for your time.