Can't Save Mods In GECK!!!

Jenova23

Ok whenever I try to save anything in geck I get this error now.

"Masterfile: unable to complete operation due to failure removing previous file.

plugin DATA/(the mod) may be locked or read only.

temp file DATA/(the mod.tes) contains saved data."

For some reason also I have old mods that show up in geck but aren't actually in the folder, I don't use any tes files, I tried reinstalling G.E.C.K, updating G.E.C.K and I don't have anything running in the background either plz help.

Edited by Jenova23

Jenova23 - Hello!

That error means your mod could not be saved as normal because it is being used by something else.

Make sure you do not have Fallout 3 running when you are saving in GECK, or have FOMM/NMM or FO3Edit open as all of those programs will prevent GECK saving over the old mod file.

Also, depending on if you use Win7/Vista & what security settings you have, you may need to run GECK as administrator.

"temp file DATA/(the mod.tes) contains saved data."

Means that GECK has saved a temporary version of your mod under a different name, it will be in the Data folder named the same as your normal mod but with a .tes at the end instead of .esp.

Simply changing the .tes to .esp will make that file useable & can replace the other version you were unable to modify.

"For some reason also I have old mods that show up in geck but aren't actually in the folder, I don't use any tes files, I tried reinstalling G.E.C.K, updating G.E.C.K and I don't have anything running in the background either plz help. "

Mods showing up in the GECK's Data list that are not in your Data folder may mean you have more than one Data folder & that GECK is looking at the wrong one.

This could happen if you had originally installed Fallout 3 in a different folder then reinstalled it into another without properly uninstalling the original.

For instance you may have installed Fallout from disc then installed from STEAM & have two Fallout 3 folders in different locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 3

I'm pretty sure you can direct GECK to the Fallout 3 folder you want on installation.

Hope this helps!

Prensa