25 fps on gtx 1080ti ? why

IIStallionII

Fallout Config Tool By BILAGO

Turn off Volumetric Lighting, disable it, and disable Godray. Then set a custom set of shadow settings. These are the two largest performance heavy processes. In fact, you'll get much more of a reward from switching VL and GR off in order to use a ENB, ENB Preset, and environment mods.

The spec & benchmark for this game is Battlefield III and Skyrim for 1080p which is a 500 series card. A player will just barely be able to run FO4. You on the other hand, have a 1080 Ti (jesus) and don't know what to do with it. So you are just burning up a very expensive card that most gamers would never be able to afford. The flip side is broke as a joke gamers that config & switch around everything required.

You probably need to make two configs for your game. One that is high performance for areas of the game that are poorly optimized or times when you want tons of chaos. Then make another config that is for higher than ultra detail. There are a bunch of things about these games which are changed as needed or desired from one day to the next. Heck I get bored with a load order a few times per year, and start over from scratch.

Have you done any testing at all by disabling mods in your load order to see what might be contributing to this? You might want to do that. With that hardware, there is absolutely no reason for you to get 25fps anywhere in the game…and that’s without making any .ini edits whatsoever. If my potato laptop with a GTX860M used for testing can get 45-50 across the map with everything set to high (with no mods active and default .ini files) there's no reason you can't get 60fps on your rig.

The first mod you might want to look at is Fallout 4 HD Reworked. Based on the available user feedback on the mod page, it is seems to be known to cause serious FPS issues. I’m not where I can look at the .esp to confirm, but given the fact that it makes changes to lots of static items, it might be disabling precombined meshes (a core part of the optimization system) in all the cells it modifies. I have no way to confirm until I can look at the mod, but it sure sounds that way. Try testing with it disabled and see what happenes. While you’re at it, consider any mod that makes worldspace changes a potential culprit as well. Any mod that disables precombines and previs is going to tank your performance in the cells that it makes edits to. The same goes for mods that add .ini files that disable them globally. If you’re using an .ini edit that disables precombines, get rid of it.

I might also suggest you look into packing all of your texture replacers into archives. The bulk of the texture mods you’re using come as loose files, which will noticeably downgrade your performance. It won’t affect your frame rate per se, but you will get noticeable stuttering and increased load times when entering cells where those textures are used. The FO4 engine handles textures far more efficiently when they are packed into BA2 archives. I recently did a video tutorial on combining textures from different mod packs into your own custom set and packing them into archives. It might help get you started.

Lastly, there is absolutely no reason to disable volumetric lighting. The godrays in this game are horribly optimized (like so many other things), but there is an easy fix that allows you to run them at Ultra with ZERO performance impact. This batch file here on the Nexus can be set in your .ini to run at game launch and tweaks the godray settings to have zero performace impact at the Ultra setting and still look amazing.

EDIT: I just looked at the Fallout 4 HD Reworked file preview on the mod page and see that it is all loose files with no .esp to made worldspace edits. BUT…it oddly uses custom file paths for just about everything! Since material file and texture data gets baked into precombines when they are generated, all of the custom file paths in the mod are likely bypassing (and in effect disabling) the system altogether, since the mod does not use vanilla material and texture paths. That might explain the FPS issues you and so many other people seem to get using the mod.

Edited by RedRocketTV

Have you done any testing at all by disabling mods in your load order to see what might be contributing to this? You might want to do that. With that hardware, there is absolutely no reason for you to get 25fps anywhere in the game…and that’s without making any .ini edits whatsoever. If my potato laptop with a GTX860M used for testing can get 45-50 across the map with everything set to high (with no mods active and default .ini files) there's no reason you can't get 60fps on your rig.

The first mod you might want to look at is Fallout 4 HD Reworked. Based on the available user feedback on the mod page, it is seems to be known to cause serious FPS issues. I’m not where I can look at the .esp to confirm, but given the fact that it makes changes to lots of static items, it might be disabling precombined meshes (a core part of the optimization system) in all the cells it modifies. I have no way to confirm until I can look at the mod, but it sure sounds that way. Try testing with it disabled and see what happenes. While you’re at it, consider any mod that makes worldspace changes a potential culprit as well. Any mod that disables precombines and previs is going to tank your performance in the cells that it makes edits to. The same goes for mods that add .ini files that disable them globally. If you’re using an .ini edit that disables precombines, get rid of it.

I might also suggest you look into packing all of your texture replacers into archives. The bulk of the texture mods you’re using come as loose files, which will noticeably downgrade your performance. It won’t affect your frame rate per se, but you will get noticeable stuttering and increased load times when entering cells where those textures are used. The FO4 engine handles textures far more efficiently when they are packed into BA2 archives. I recently did a video tutorial on combining textures from different mod packs into your own custom set and packing them into archives. It might help get you started.

Lastly, there is absolutely no reason to disable volumetric lighting. The godrays in this game are horribly optimized (like so many other things), but there is an easy fix that allows you to run them at Ultra with ZERO performance impact. This batch file here on the Nexus can be set in your .ini to run at game launch and tweaks the godray settings to have zero performace impact at the Ultra setting and still look amazing.

EDIT: I just looked at the Fallout 4 HD Reworked file preview on the mod page and see that it is all loose files with no .esp to made worldspace edits. BUT…it oddly uses custom file paths for just about everything! Since material file and texture data gets baked into precombines when they are generated, all of the custom file paths in the mod are likely bypassing (and in effect disabling) the system altogether, since the mod does not use vanilla material and texture paths. That might explain the FPS issues you and so many other people seem to get using the mod.

ty buddy by any chance you can upload your creation kit and provide download link as i have game on steam and i cant find download button any where and bethesda net launcher no longer has the creation kit.

Um, no...I'm not doing that. The Bethesda launcher most certainly does have the CK install button. Go to the Games tab, use the pull down menu to select Tools. It's right there.

lol you saved me :smile: i been searching for hours for this stupid me Thank You i found it why they make stuff so complicated idk

Edited by IIStallionII

BTW, the most important piece of information is: in what resolution does that happen? Because there are 4 times more pixels in 4k UHD than in 1920x1080 hd. DSR does count. And if you're playing in 5k (e.g., 2560 plus 2.0 DSR), well, 25 fps sounds about right.

Forcing multisampling AA for transparency in the drivers can also have a HUGE impact on frame rate, if you have a lot of textures with transparency on the screen. Dust clouds, grass, etc, all count.

BTW, the most important piece of information is: in what resolution does that happen? Because there are 4 times more pixels in 4k UHD than in 1920x1080 hd. DSR does count. And if you're playing in 5k (e.g., 2560 plus 2.0 DSR), well, 25 fps sounds about right.

Forcing multisampling AA for transparency in the drivers can also have a HUGE impact on frame rate, if you have a lot of textures with transparency on the screen. Dust clouds, grass, etc, all count.

no sadly i am trying to play on 1080p with at least i tried with 2k resolution texture packs at ugrid 7