Mafia Mod

kimi15

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I may be rude but that would be a waste just to wait that someone make the mod just for you (first because learning is always a good experience and second because this way you'll have it the way you want as well :D ). As I've heard once : don't wait, act :P

So We'd better try to make it more real :)

By :

Building a team ( 2 people is a good start for a team ;p )

Defining how long it would take to train ourselves to the desired skills.

Define the step by step.

What our goal would be then?

-Fitting them neatly as part of our learning process would be the best of course to save time and work on some practical case

What would be absolutely needed for the beginning?

-Writing, creating the story, probably the easiest bit according to what I see ^^

-Creating NPCs

-Creating few quests for a start

-Designing building/caves (1 of each perhaps?)

The bits for far later :

Retexturing, design of new items, Building type, voice acting,custom complicated scripting involving major overhaul...XD

Do I forget something?

So I give my word : I'm up to start it after the 21st of October

I really hope that this project will become something in construction, more than just and idea ^^ would be nice

Kimi15, ready for the challenge? :D

I don't know if i can help because i'm already working on some mods but if you'll start the 21 of october i can see then if i can join. Anyway I can help a bit and be a teacher ( :D ) becuse you said you need to learn a bit. If I join this project I can work with the scripting part (of course something more too) because that is my best side.

I'll see if i can join later in october.

p.s. I hope kimi15 will join this project too because it was your idea and i'm sure you have alot of good ideas.

Yay :D great

For the upcoming month before we really start I'm gonna try to already start learning some basic before you teach me Vswe ;)

Good we are three people now,

Ok From today I'll be off the forum in the meantime I would suggest that we all think about some cool REALLY important features ;)

The name of the mod and the name of the family :)

Have fun whatever you do in real life ^^

Yes, we need to think of some good ideas and ofcourse if someone have some idea it's just to post here. But before we really start, like 20th or 21st of October we need to plan this togheter, like the name, who is doing what and all this.

And Kalas_Ragnarok, if you need some help with the learning just send me a pm.

:)

if you truely are going to make this then all i can do is wish you luck since my CS skills go around CMs quick fixes and the odd addon to oblvion

Sheppard

• 1 year later...

i think this was at its core a good idea to start.. but it pittered out because its hard to find a motivation for a 'mafia' in cyrodil. it could also be that the theives guild is to close to this initial concept. thus this is a different look altogether at the whole 'mafia' thing:

Another way to look at it would be sort of like the 'take over the city' like in Grand theft auto San Andreas (old reference but it gets the idea accross). a simple start for it would be to add a rough up option for all npcs in the IC where you punch the snot out of them (to 50% health or lower) to get them to pay protection. and as the player get more and more npcs into the 'protection racket' in one of the districts, the guards in the districts switch from Imp legion to Thugs, who have 100 disposition towards you. you could probably recycle some dialog somewhere in the game from the old guards as a respectful greeting for you for the new thug guards. eventually you take over all the districts, and you could integrate bank of cyrodil or similar so that your 'protection money' gets paid into your account there automatically. you could also have random events where people stop paying up. that to me would have a better 'mafia' feel then just a questline. you could also work in bribing the captains to turn the guards into thugs. maybe even that your thug guards are paid a certain amount out of your bank of cyrodil account a week, and you need to make sure your rackets are pulling in enough cash to make sure the bottom line is green. also bribing guards (with a disposition check) to become thugs =D the questions then are

1) is it possible to add dialogue to all charachters by region? or does one need to go through all the npcs?

2) how difficult is it to set up the 'thug guard' replacement?

3) is there an interest in a mod of this type?

4) what kind of compatability issues will there be?

5) what are the usage rights on bank of cyrodil? how difficult would it be to integrate into a mod of this type? (considering for ease of use of the player, BOC makes this mod by concept much simpler; ie: more punching faces, less clicking boxes)

6) complexity: is this too large a challenge? would it maybe scale better to a smaller city? (leyawin comes to mind as a run down looking city that could use a crime lord)

7) is there a core simple concept here that can be made easily and expanded further?

Anyone with thoughts on this revised concept, please comment. :thumbsup: