Sacred Ashes quest from trailer inside game

StevoSegalovic

Hello everyone!

First let me tell you a short story. One day i was on YouTube, typed in "Dragon Age Origins" and first amazing thing i saw was this Sacred Ashes trailer. There was this amazing mountain where 4 heroes were heading. They were on a quest to find the ashes. There was this warden guy who felt danger even when no one else felt it. There was this Sten guy who had huge sword and was killing all that darkspawn monsters. Then there was Leliana - amazing rogue able to 1 hit kill darkspawn emissary. Then there was Morrigan shapeshifting to giant spider and going to killing spree. After each hero had their show off time there was a battle with the huge dragon...

Watching that trailer forced "WOW! O.O" reaction from me. Then i played the game and noticed that Sacred Ashes quest doesn't look even close to trailer version.

Idea is to create game content that will replace default "mountain top" area or maybe add new area (Trailer area) before or after original "mountain top" area using PRCSCR system.

That New area can include level layout that looks like mountain top from the trailer.

In order to recreate the trailer some things have to be done. Only limit to make things done is knowledge. We already have all the tools needed.

Requirements:

1. Faces - there are already lots of mods that make companions look like SA version of themselves

2. Armors - there are already armors that look like SA version of companion armors. Armor of Sten is only one missing.

3. Props - some statues, pillars would have to be created for use in level layout

4. Robes with hood/cloak - while climbing we see that characters are using cloaks - someone would have to create new clothing with hood that will replace armor during first part of the cinematic. 3d model could be used as clothing or as hat. (Using hooded clothing is possible as we see in tmp's mod concept art Morrigan where he added hood to her robes.

5. Cinematic - someone would have to create in game everything that we see in the trailer while giving player the options - example:

(party climbing up the mountain, Main character stops them, blocks incoming flying weapon using:

- magical shield barrier if mage

- melee weapons if warrior or rogue not using sheild

- shield if using shield

- arrow or bolt if equipped with ranged weapon

Then main character chooses tactic for battle:

---Player chooses: 1: Sten! (attack darkspawn) --- results in cinematic of Sten killing all darkspawn like in the trailer leaving free passage.

---Player chooses: 2: Leliana! (attack darkspawn) --- results in cinematic of Leliana killing some darkspawn and then player has to kill all remaining darkspawn using regular gameplay.

---(Some darkspawn can stay alive even after Sten killed most of them, still player should benefit more by choosing Sten for this task)

6. Scripting/Plots - scripts would have to test what main character has equipped and what cinematic to run based on main character class. Plots can be used so that this version can only be run if player has Sten, Leliana and Morrigan in a party. Maybe even give quest to the player to gather required all armors first.

7. VFX - Glowing eyes. We already see that there are glowing eyes in DA2. Someone who knows how to use toolset to make VFX should make blue glowing eyes effect for DAO.

Most difficult things to do are 3d modeling, animations, VFX, scripting and cinematic.

People are making nude mods and armors (3d modeling), new combat and walking animations, Amazing but overpowered spells with amazing effects (VFX), Mods that are letting you create custom armor in game or mods that change AI(scripting), mods that are making some realistic adult scenes (cinematic). People have knowledge :)

If you like this idea don't just read this and leave. Make new comment and give support, if you know someone who can do some of this things let them know about this and ask them if they are interested in this, if you are skilled in any area try to do your part (if you know how to make props, make props someone else might use them to make level layout with your props included, if you know how to make glowing eyes - make them, someone else could include them in cinematic).

This can be done with enough skilled people. See my signature :D

Edited by StevoSegalovic

I don't know. Seems so much work for such a small part of the game. I hear ya I watched that trailer, too. It was the kind of that would make you go "WOW! O:O"

The cruel fact about producing a game is to make incredible commercial trailers, release them on sites like youtube, makes any who watched literally drool and preorder like crazy. My point is not everything is as impressive as it was in those trailers. They should be but there is no such obligation. Still, there is nothing saying that killing our first dragon is not worth remembering. Maybe a smaller mod, that only shows the Warden and his/her companion all work together bringing down the dragon and Warden killing it, would be a lot less a trouble go through.

NOTE: Make no mistake. I am no modder. I saw your post and decided to tell you what I thought of it, that we could work to improve it. I am not going for credits, to see my name among the contributors, if that's what you think.

I don't know. Seems so much work for such a small part of the game. I hear ya I watched that trailer, too. It was the kind of that would make you go "WOW! O:O"

The cruel fact about producing a game is to make incredible commercial trailers, release them on sites like youtube, makes any who watched literally drool and preorder like crazy. My point is not everything is as impressive as it was in those trailers. They should be but there is no such obligation. Still, there is nothing saying that killing our first dragon is not worth remembering. Maybe a smaller mod, that only shows the Warden and his/her companion all work together bringing down the dragon and Warden killing it, would be a lot less a trouble go through.

NOTE: Make no mistake. I am no modder. I saw your post and decided to tell you what I thought of it, that we could work to improve it. I am not going for credits, to see my name among the contributors, if that's what you think.

Relax :D I appreciate everyones opinion as long as people don't start to act dumb and start to rage.

First of all i wouldn't even mention this if it is not already 75% done without even starting to make anything.

- You already have all characters with all armors (except Sten but he can do juggernaut armour like in darkspawn chronicles, i would just prefer to see him in his real SA armor)

- you need new mountain top area that includes level layout like in the trailer. (any modder that tried to create level can do this easily - some props are missing but can be replaced by other, still i would prefer original SA props)

- you need few cinematics in between fights. (this is easily done by someone who tried to make simple cinematic.)

- you need basic scripting just to check things (also easy to do)

Thing is i will do it alone eventually when i figure out how to make VFX for glowing eyes, but it would be lot easier if team of modders work together.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread but i am currently tackling the Sten Armor situation. it wont look exactly like the trailer, but im trying to get as close as possible, using the Jugg Plate Chest modded to reveal some skin on arms.. basically doing away with the arms kingsmail texture. making one the off hand arm nude from the Pauldron to the hand. and leaving the sword arm the same minus the kingsmail texture. the legs however are another story. i hope to remove the weird wing looking thing around the knees and make the boots look like boots with armor on them. thats really the best i can think of. and the hands i guess you can reverse the heavy chainmail hands and use them doing away with kingsmail textures and modding the stats.. also would not mind making the body look slimmer on sten. this is my vison on how it could be done.. and i hope to start soon.