Dawnguard is out on steam!

funnyhalo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'd just like to add that I bought dawnguard for the 360 back when that came out over a month ago. It was totally worth it.

It's not just the extended story (which you may find it to be better than the main quest in terms of plot and characters) but also the changes they've done for werewolves and vampires. IMO the changes they made are better than any of the mods for vampires or werewolves.

I may even get it for PC, but I'm going to wait a while and check the comments for my favourite mods waiting to see if dawnguard is compatible first.

I just activated my VISA and purchased it and it's installing as we speak

Question

Well I need to install patch 1.7?

And should I backup the DLC to my external hard drive???, even they'll there well always be a steam download of it

Edited by sinnerman69

It's expensive and I hate vampires but ... who am I kidding. I'm right in the middle of a messy re-install, might as well get some new content.

Here's to hoping that for the next DLC they actually do something that doesn't seem like a lore footnote. War with the Aldmeri Dominion, Thalmor spy games, I'll even take a Forsworn uprising ...

It's expensive and I hate vampires but ... who am I kidding. I'm right in the middle of a messy re-install, might as well get some new content.

Here's to hoping that for the next DLC they actually do something that doesn't seem like a lore footnote. War with the Aldmeri Dominion, Thalmor spy games, I'll even take a Forsworn uprising ...

Closing the rip in Magnus with an ES, seeing Jiub again and learning his fate, learning the real fate of the Snow Elves? Lore footnotes? WTF?

Edited by Enatiomorph

Make sure you have the Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack in your game or you'll have to wait for two downloads, and that's only if you already downloaded the Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack, and you know how slow steam is at installing, that just happened to me, I looked at the game install details and seen the high res pack scheduled to install, so I paused it and deleted it and exited steam and moved in my backed up copy of Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack!.. Edited by sinnerman69

what is about the enbs ? will they still work ? should i use the hd retextures ?

sorry for asking but i was just putting together the files for a new modded setup of the game and now my dawnguard gets loaded....so what is safe and what should be left as is ?

is it a good idea to install like morrowloot or dragon addons ? of may they make the addon not work / look ugly ?

pls answer fast, want to playyyy !!!!

sleepless in vienna,

schreck