Dawnguard is out on steam!

funnyhalo

Unfortunately some people just like to hear themselves complain. I, however; d/l'd asap and have yet to see any conflicts with current mods (about 50) and, if anything, everything seems to be running smoother. Heck, even my money glitch problems were fixed...that was well worth the $ alone :P Edited by C3ntury79

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly, everything in dawnguard worked fine until I tried to turn into "Vampire Lord" form - then it just stops responding.

BUT... it works if I run skyrim without SKSE... :/ Even after disabling every mod - it will crash when I try to change form with SKSE loaded...

Any tips?

Edited by Kellias

Well i cannot say exactly what is causing it however i have noticed a performance decrease and noticing a lot more crashes and freezes. I can run this game at ultra settings with intimidating shadow settings at ~60fps and 100+ indoors. With this DLC upon loading i got 7fps... after a minute or 2 i was up to 40, 45fps.

I several mods (i removed a couple as well..)

http://i47.tinypic.com/2e363xs.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/2z4x1rr.png

i have some idea like the optimized DLC texture pack...but not sure

Edited by Pimpsmack

Uhh...$19??? How "BIG" is this DLC exactly?

If you do all the side quests and play at a comfortable pace then up to 20hrs...that depends on your level and how quickly combat is resolved.

I played it on xbox and for DLC it's real big...my only complaint is the lack of new lands (world map-wise)

Uhh...$19??? How "BIG" is this DLC exactly?

If you do all the side quests and play at a comfortable pace then up to 20hrs...that depends on your level and how quickly combat is resolved.

I played it on xbox and for DLC it's real big...my only complaint is the lack of new lands (world map-wise)

I bought it for two reasons:

1... I definitely feel Skyrim has given me a lot of bang for my buck, and I have no problem paying €20 for even a small DLC just to support the game I love.

2... Modders will get at it and it will be awesome-er in a short time.

Thanks, that's good to know. :D

Just need to know if FNIS and the Unique Player Animation mod will mix well with Dawnguard now.

I'm using the Poser mod and it works just fine, provided FNIS is updated to the most recent version.

Hope this helps ^^

Agreed. I rode up to the nearby gate thinking the tower would be past it with some new lands to explore. I was disappointed when I hit that invisible wall and was told I can't go there.