Dawnguard - Missing String Files

Celestros

Bah, Serana sucks as a follower, she has no unique idle dialog that isn't quest related and she doesn't comment on your surroundings. I was hoping for at least an Erandur equivalent of dialog from her :sad:

Okay, she has some and its dispersed in atypical areas within her dialog. Probably same amount as Erandur but it's hard to say for certain.

Edited by Celestros

You add Dawnguard.bsa to the skyrimeditor.ini file found in your Syrim root folder (not your Documents one). So it looks like this:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa

Edited by Despach

Ok I'm no modder. I did the fix by adding the Dawnguard.bsa to the skyrimeditor.ini file found in your Skyrim root folder, but my game still crashes every time I try to go into the dawnguard fort. was this fix just so modders can read the files or is it a crash fix for game play.

• 4 months later...

I don't usually post on forums but i found this a little confusing so i figured I would put this out there for any inexperienced moders like myself.

Here is the breakdown of how to fix the problem:

1) in the skyrim folder open the file SkyrimEditor.ini

2) find the line of text that says "sResourceArchiveList2"

3) type ", Dawnguard.bsa"

4) save

From what i understand and how it worked for me you have to manually open it up and type the edit in.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Well, Actually, I got the same error message, the only thing changed is the line. I post you the complete message :

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedString.cpp

Line: 2871

LOCALIZATION: Error opening or reading strings file

Somebody could have a solution, please ? :(

Edited by Malkyris

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone I have a problem with the CK can not I open Dawnguard and Hearthfire
I have already added to the string of the ini file (SResourceArchiveList2 = Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa)

and I added under General (bAllowMultipleMasterLoads = 1)

but every time I try dawnguard to load other files I always get the same error:

Assert

File: C: \ _Skyrim \ Code \ TESV \ TES Shared \ misc \ BGSLocalizedString.cpp

Line: 2871

LOCALIZATION: Error opening or reading strings file

CK then closes

Could someone help me solve this problem?

I'm having exactly this problem too. I have tried adding the relevent lines to both "SResourceArchiveList" and "SResourceArchiveList2" and it still does not work. The error message seems to indicate it's locing in my C:/ drive but that's not where I have skyrim installed. Is there a way to make it look in the right folder or would that even help?