No Vampires Like Me

tinylewtgriffon

Sigh hope a fix comes soon I can't play if I have to use the console every time. I don't have any scripts that what cause this other then SKSE but even when I don't use that it's the same results.

Before starting dawnguard go catch sanguinare vampiris than before it turns you into a vampire start the dawnguard quest and before you enter the cave let the disease turn you into a vampire, this should fix the problem of turning back into a mortal after using the vampire lord spell.

That should be obvious the one that the leader of the dawnguard sends you too.

I don't think my fix works with custom races or races that use to be custom but changed back to vanilla.

I set myself as vampire after I gained the vampire lord power and the game recognizes me as vampire.

But I don't have a weakness to fire or sunlight, don't have the frost resistance and have none of the vampire powers like seduction or the ability to feed. But I do have the cool eyes.

Sigh hope a fix comes soon I can't play if I have to use the console every time. I don't have any scripts that what cause this other then SKSE but even when I don't use that it's the same results.

Before starting dawnguard go catch sanguinare vampiris than before it turns you into a vampire start the dawnguard quest and before you enter the cave let the disease turn you into a vampire, this should fix the problem of turning back into a mortal after using the vampire lord spell.

That should be obvious the one that the leader of the dawnguard sends you too.

I don't think my fix works with custom races or races that use to be custom but changed back to vanilla.

Yeah I had to start over any way because I did not have a save before the cave. So I restarted as a nord.

this has got me frustrated as well, im using the console command that was suggested earlier, it works but its really tedious. i was wondering, cant someone mod it so that the vampires recognize that you have the vampire lord power instead of actually being a vampire? i couldnt mod to save my life so i dont know how hard this would be, but it might solve the problem, couldnt it?

Can't one of you talented modders whip up a quick fix, this is driving me mad, tempted to go Dawnguard instead and show them who the f*** is mortal...

Ok, I know everyone is frustrated. I am frustrated as well. My char is having the same issue.

Though asking for some "talented modder" to make a quick fix is not going to happen. You can't just get a quick fix that will work for everyone one. In fact they may come up with a quick fix for most people, but is of no help to you. First we have to figure out what is causing the problem which takes time. Is it a mod problem, a custom char problem or something that is down in the core of the game affecting even vanilla games?

Now, with that said. Some races are working. Someone said Ashen (Oriental) race is working. May just be them, who knows. I have yet to test the Ashen race or the Temptress fix that was posted.

So everyone has 4 options to them. Keep playing and go Dawnguard, hoping that there are no further problems. Back track before you started Dawnguard and play with out it loaded till the issue gets fixed. Help by providing any and all info about what is causing the problem then wait till it gets sorted. Or you can complain about it and be of no use. I know we are all better then that and hope no one picks the last one.

I will do what I can to help. Even though I am not a modder. I will give every helpful bit of info I can and do any tests I know I can do.

bumping this hoping for more to notice and some solution to be discovered, the console command works...but its way too obnoxious to do it every time i wanna change. It also for some reason makes my skin way darker...which is weird. I tried the proposed solution earlier about contracting the disease, then starting dawnguard, then turning vamp before going in castle, no dice on that one.

I solved the probleme yesterday for my custome race (Ashen) ...

when i had the quest after the transformation to the vampire lord, the npc told me that i have to talk to harkon ...

(this is the probleme^^)

to fix this bug, i've transformed to the vampire lord in front of the npc (there should be no other npc in the room, because it is possible that they attack you)

after the transformation i returned back into human form and i get the new quest.

hope this can help anyone to fix his/her probleme :)

Edited by xxxSUMIxxx

For my custom race (The Ashen), typing "player.setrace OraezeRaceVampire" in the console just before Harkon explain me how to use my new powers worked. I don't have to type it again after transforming from Vampire lord to human.

Hope it helps.