No Vampires Like Me

tinylewtgriffon

Ok, I think I may have some insight into this problem. Ive been playing with the Agaceph custom race and noticed something, my race never actually switched to argonianracevampireblue. Tried it through sanguinare Vampriris AND through lord harkon. So, I manually set my race to the vampire custom race before entering Castle Volkihar and did not have the bug right after the training. It was kind of deceiving because I would still have all the abilities/effects of a vampire, I just wouldn't be a vampire. The only thing that clued me in was my character never got the fang texture, unless I used setrace. So with this particular custom race I think the problem is occurring during the events that turn you into a vampire; I'm thinking its just modifying the custom non-vamp race instead of switching races. It lookes like thats whats happening to the Ashen race from what I've read on here as well. Has anyone else noticed this on different custom races?

@ Evilpancake I'm going to guess the default skin tone (the first one on the slider) on your race is darker, and if I'm not mistaken the setrace command resets the skintone value to whatever that is.

Edited for more information

Edited by rabidbluedeath

Anyone have a solid fix for this yet? none of the above has helped.

Edit : SkyRe mod is the problem for me, someting to do with faction scripting. Disabling the mod fixes it. :(

Edited by Imorax

i play without custom races, currently redguard, same issue as everyone..

and i use path of shadows, the only mod i installed editing faction records. when i disable PoS before entering volkihar, everything is fine. reenabling the mod in volkihar makes the vampires attack me next time i turn into vampire lord form, or the game crashes on loading the savegame. maybe mods messing around with factions cause the issue?

also not every vampire is attacking me on sight (even if i play the whole thing with PoS), its just some guy named rargal thrallmaster. the rest is just joining the fight. if he doesn't spot me, nothing happens. the hounds for some reason fight on my side. i've tried it several times, alway with same results...

edit: rargal is only attacking if he sees me turning into the vl-form (the rest of the npcs is fine with that), or if i kill one of the cattles (like he said he would do after i managed to talk to him without beeing attacked)

Edited by ffe3214

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a solid fix for this yet? none of the above has helped.

Edit : SkyRe mod is the problem for me, someting to do with faction scripting. Disabling the mod fixes it. :(

to work around this bug, use "player.setrace (your race)racevampire" command BEFORE lord hakon transforms you into a vampire lord, and everything will work just fine.

EDIT:

with this method, i get the problem, that i don't get the weakness to fire and don't get vampire seduction.

that means, (spoiler) that i can't seduce the moth priest :/

EDIT2: i deinstalled skyrim, and deleted the skyrim folder afterwords. then i reinsstalled everything and it worked!

seems like there were some remnants left in the script folder, from an old skyrimnexus mod, that i deinstalled a long time ago.

Edited by mahe4

lol umm just get this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21631# and then stay as vamp lord if you need to talk to anyone in the castle. works for me, even before I realised such a problem existed. I only got the mod cus I found it annoying I had to revert back everytime to loot something