Oh joy of joys, I can't attack anymore.

Ryunney

Blitzen, sorry but I don't think it has something to do with mods. I've tried to run Skyrim disabling all my mods in data files except Dawnguard, it was still buggy but then I've ticked all my mods and disabled Dawnguard and it was working. I guess we'll have to wait for a patch...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blitzen, sorry but I don't think it has something to do with mods. I've tried to run Skyrim disabling all my mods in data files except Dawnguard, it was still buggy but then I've ticked all my mods and disabled Dawnguard and it was working. I guess we'll have to wait for a patch...

I've tried those things, too with the same results. It's weirdly comforting to know that there're so many other people suffering this exact same problem, though.

Oh well, time to hope for a patch.

Same issue here. If the problem lies in the Update.esm, there's nothing we can really do, eh?

Great.

<3 Bethesda so much right now. 20 bucks for a file to break my game. I could have done that on my own for free.

Edit: I rolled back to 1.6, and it fixed the attacking problem. I haven't played for very long though, so all I know is Dawnguard is active in my load order and I can attack again. I don't know if there are any long term issues or if Dawnguard even actually works with this patch version, but this will have to do until they patch it.

Edited by deathknowz

Same problem here. All I did was disable the Dawnguard.esm and poof, I can attack again.

This happened to me every now and again. All I did was restart the game (quit to desktop), and I could attack again. I know this sounds kind of silly, but did you guys try restarting the game?

Edit: I rolled back to 1.6, and it fixed the attacking problem. I haven't played for very long though, so all I know is Dawnguard is active in my load order and I can attack again. I don't know if there are any long term issues or if Dawnguard even actually works with this patch version, but this will have to do until they patch it.

i tried that and it worked. well this should be fine until we get proper fix

Same problem here. All I did was disable the Dawnguard.esm and poof, I can attack again.

This happened to me every now and again. All I did was restart the game (quit to desktop), and I could attack again. I know this sounds kind of silly, but did you guys try restarting the game?

I'll try that now.

EDIT: Tried three times now, didn't work.

Edited by Masilence

i have exactly the same problem, i can only power attack with melee and disabling dawnguard fixes it.. the interesting thing is that it happened after installing some mods but disabling them does not fix it