Oh joy of joys, I can't attack anymore.

Ryunney

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similer issue that i was gonna ask about but i might as well put it on here. i had just finished a dialogue conversation and was using the console command tfc(togglefreeflycamera) and i forgot to switch out before the dialogue ended now i cant use either mouse buttons for anything. i can rechoose what keyboard buttons to replace the mouse buttons and tht works but now the mouse buttons wont work. i had the same problem awhile back but i forgot how i fixed it if i did or it fixed itself. i cant use the mouse buttons on all other saves,new games, etc. if anyone knows about this please reply.

I have a similer issue that i was gonna ask about but i might as well put it on here. i had just finished a dialogue conversation and was using the console command tfc(togglefreeflycamera) and i forgot to switch out before the dialogue ended now i cant use either mouse buttons for anything. i can rechoose what keyboard buttons to replace the mouse buttons and tht works but now the mouse buttons wont work. i had the same problem awhile back but i forgot how i fixed it if i did or it fixed itself. i cant use the mouse buttons on all other saves,new games, etc. if anyone knows about this please reply.

Try this.. soon as you're game starts with the black screen just before Bethesda logo appears press and hold the X button till the skyrim logo appears this command clears the cache i believe which worked for me.

Try this.. soon as you're game starts with the black screen just before Bethesda logo appears press and hold the X button till the skyrim logo appears this command clears the cache i believe which worked for me.

The exact situation that TheHolyQuop created i did as well. TFC and everything.... my solution was to hold X at launch and loaded an older save It did work for me, im running every DLC and about 20 mods in all. mostly graphical or armor/effects add-ins nothing that affected animations or attacking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Try going into the console and typing "enableplayercontrols" without the quotes!

this may seem dumb to anybody reading this but if you are like me and just started playing skyrim and have this problem this actually worked for me.... but i have to do it every few mins so this makes me think that there is somthing in dawn gaurd just that us just disabling the controls so maybe somone can us this info to make a fix

Edited by cuprum449

Simple fix. Just go to your command console with ~ type TFC save draw your weapon(s) with R, then save the game in TFC mode, the reload the game. Then type TFC again to go back to normal. worked for me on PC. But then again I was only having an issues with one of my saved files, and it happened while I was doing the Companions quest :/ I was in Dustman's Cairn and it was after Farkas turned werewolf killed the silverhand and released the gate. It was after that I could no longer attack. I hope this helps some of ya and I also have the Dawnguard DLC and Patcher and it still happened to me, so if it happens just try this.

Edited by genryuokami91