So is Dawnguard not loading in the Creation Kit for anyone else?

flossoraptor

I can't find the SkyrimEditor.ini file on my computer, HELP!

Never mind, I found it. Thanks

Edited by TanisDuncan

Mine still doesnt load following this, i got it load once by excluding the update.bsa but now it refuses to load again and is still crashing at 99% on me

Ok so I tried all of these thing that people said would work and didn't

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

I also tried "Add Dawnguard.bsa to SkyrimEditor.ini

Thats did not work as well. When I get a series of errors and then a crash this is what I get when I try and activate the Dawnguard.esm Master file

MASTERFILE: GameSetting 'sKinectNotCalibrated' in file Update.esm is not recognized by the current EXE. ( All of these ones have to do with the Update.esm not being recognized by the EXE)

Then I get: Forms: Chunk size 44 too big in chunk DATA_ID in form CAMS_ID (0010C75B) Max size is 40 data truncated to "". (each one of these are all the same except for the id it changes every time)

Then: QUESTS: Could not find previous info (02105C84) for TopicInfo (02004DAA) in Topic" " (02004DAA) ( And all of these have to do with some quest not have TopicInfo or whatever that means)

then I crash. (There are some errors in between these are just the first ones after I hit yes to all so if you want to see some of the other ones respond saying so.)

I'v included my SkyrimEditor.ini in this post so maybe someone can tell me whats wrong with it.

So if someone could help me as soon as possible that would be much appreciated Thanks.

Edited by ballos46

Ok so I tried all of these thing that people said would work and didn'tbAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1I also tried "Add Dawnguard.bsa to SkyrimEditor.iniThats did not work as well. When I get a series of errors and then a crash this is what I get when I try and activate the Dawnguard.esm Master fileMASTERFILE: GameSetting 'sKinectNotCalibrated' in file Update.esm is not recognized by the current EXE. ( All of these ones have to do with the Update.esm not being recognized by the EXE) Then I get: Forms: Chunk size 44 too big in chunk DATA_ID in form CAMS_ID (0010C75B) Max size is 40 data truncated to "". (each one of these are all the same except for the id it changes every time)Then: QUESTS: Could not find previous info (02105C84) for TopicInfo (02004DAA) in Topic" " (02004DAA) ( And all of these have to do with some quest not have TopicInfo or whatever that means)then I crash. (There are some errors in between these are just the first ones after I hit yes to all so if you want to see some of the other ones respond saying so.)I'v included my SkyrimEditor.ini in this post so maybe someone can tell me whats wrong with it.So if someone could help me as soon as possible that would be much appreciated Thanks.

I am getting the exact same errors. I did all of the .ini additions...but it still crashes. I hope someone has an answer.

ETA: I found the solution. You need to download the 1.6.89.0 version of CK, then do the .ini edit...and bingo...it works!

Edited by Macgyver1958

Ok guys. I couldn't get it to work either, but then I found out I was adding the dawnguard.bsa file to the wrong line. This video tutorial is what put me on the right path:

Hopefully you guys were just making the same mistake I did and adding it to the wrong line in the skyrimeditor.ini.

BTW, I didn't add the line about masterfiles=1 and it still worked fine. It does seem to take a lot longer to load, but it works.

We won't have access to Dawnguard's source scripts until a new version of CK is released.

EDIT: er I must be blind. Apparently the Dawnguard source scripts are in "DATA\SCRIPTS\SOURCE\DAWNGUARD". Duh. :facepalm:

Edited by steve40