Dawnguard Is Bugged

EndgameV

Hi,

So PC Dawnguard is full of bugs as we all know, but i'm putting this up here cause I haven't found anyone else with this problem.

So first, every time I try to change to First-person it zoom into it and then a split second later zooms back out to third person as if I rolled the mouse wheel back once (and I checked I haven't), very fustrating

Second there are missing animations when I try to fire the crossbow, I hold the mouse button down to draw it, but when I release the mouse button nothing happens! no matter how many times I click and I'm standing there stuck with a drawn crossbow and the same happens for NPCs too.

And this only happens when i have Dawnguard ticked. I've tried putting it in different places in the load order, un-ticking it and making clean-saves and even re-installing, doesn't help.

So I'm either stuck waiting and hoping that Bethesda patches it, or i'm missing something

Any help guys would be appreciated.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ End V

Hello, the following is not the solution, but I noticed some things about the Cross-bow.

the cross bow is automatically loaded, so after fire the first bolt we just wait for the cross-bow loaded without left-clicking the mouse.

Still as you know, the crossbow needs a little bit of time to be re-loaded, so left-click after the crossbow is reloaded to aim. ^ ^

I had the same 3rd person issue as you, and the only way to fix it was to roll back to a older save. (I lost about 8 quest completions)

I also have an issue with Dawnguard, I can't leave the Sleeping Giant Inn. If I do, I CTD. I have a mod that allows me to fast travel from indoors, and if I try to fast travel to another city, it just puts me back into Sleeping Giant Inn.

Edited by mrbisshie

I had the same 3rd person issue as you, and the only way to fix it was to roll back to a older save. (I lost about 8 quest completions)

I also have an issue with Dawnguard, I can't leave the Sleeping Giant Inn. If I do, I CTD. I have a mod that allows me to fast travel from indoors, and if I try to fast travel to another city, it just puts me back into Sleeping Giant Inn.

Try using "coc whiterun" in the console commands. (~) Without the " of course.

As for Dawnguard being buggy, after installing it, my saves are getting bloated and have gone up to 50MB and CTD everytime i load the save with 50MB. (See my topic about this here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/747329-dawnguard-causes-saves-to-bloat/]

Edited by TukkOrdo

Nope. I heard the music change to town music for about a second while in the loading screen, then it changed back to tavern music, and I ended up back in the Sleeping Giant Inn. If I disable Dawnguard.esm in the MM, it allows me to leave.

EDIT: well, i can finally leave purgatory aka The Sleeping Giant Inn by removing MZ No Borders, but sadly, I have the stuck in 3rd person view once again. Also, I've noticed that my loading screens are a bit longer than they were before.

Edited by mrbisshie

Nope. I heard the music change to town music for about a second while in the loading screen, then it changed back to tavern music, and I ended up back in the Sleeping Giant Inn. If I disable Dawnguard.esm in the MM, it allows me to leave.

I know you may have already checked, but are there any mods that are out of date, or may cause a bug like this? Have you tried to disable all of your mods accept Skyrim.esm Update.esm and Dawngaurd.esm? Have you also tried to disable Dawnguard, go outside of the Inn and re-enable Dawngaurd?

Since we are talking about bugs and all... has anyone had problems where you instantly ctd when you try to swing a 2 handed or 1 handed weapons... doesn't seem to happen when concerning magic nor the the bows

I have the latest patch with dawnguard yet it crashes soon as i swing any kind of weapon but it will continue to work fine when casting magic or using bow

Edited by Abaddon00

@ End V

Hello, the following is not the solution, but I noticed some things about the Cross-bow.

the cross bow is automatically loaded, so after fire the first bolt we just wait for the cross-bow loaded without left-clicking the mouse.

Still as you know, the crossbow needs a little bit of time to be re-loaded, so left-click after the crossbow is reloaded to aim. ^ ^

have you tried waiting? try waiting 10 days so the locations to reset..?

@ End V

Actually its more like i can draw the crossbow but not fire it the animation doesnt play and no bolt fires also when I equip the crossbow it equips arrows instead of bolts and I have to change manually

All these bugs have got me scared of playing, if Ive got all these bugs at the beginning what kind of bugs am I going to have further down the questline